Free Power discuss

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got notice of an 18% electric bill rate increase... something about a new clean (cough) coal power plant and an energized EPA.

I'm OK with energy costing what it actually costs.

I don't believe government regulators (government anything?) are really as smart as they think they are. 

JR

PS I'm not even as smart as I think I am...  8)

I was just reading this document that my brother showed me.  It looks quite flawed to me.  There appears to be some flaws in their knowledge of electrical principles.  Also their circuit connects to the live householdmains connection ....

They lost me in the first paragraph with the statement about static electricity being taught in schools but generally considered to be of  no importance.

Like others have said, they don't have seem to enough knowledge of electricity and power distribution to see that the claims of free energy are incorrect; nothing free or unusual about that electricity at all.  If it's the fact that the actual electrons don't leave the lines, they might want to look into using a coil of wire around a ferromagnetic core (aka transformer) - the electrons flow right back into the grid without leaving, so it's not stealing!

In all seriousness, there's nothing really fundamentally different than how a transformer works; it's using electrostatic force to push currents in an isolated "secondary" rather than magnetic flux.  In the end, the mains do work on a load by using energy.

Telslas work was mostly based on resonance, but he did write about the earth being a well of positive energy...

My understanding of teslas idea of "free" energy, is not that he thought you could get something for nothing but that one could tap into the plethora of energy stored in the giant capacitor formed between the earth and our atmosphere.

As for that particular paper....  :mad:

Back