Behringer C3 upgrade ideas?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForthMonkey

Hi,

I want to upgrade Behringer C3 mic.I'll use only its own capsule and body.Can you recommend any board or project?There are lots of mic boards.I want to buy transformerless mic board and upgrade directly.

Thanks.

The Behringer C3 is one of the worst microphones I have ever heard!
Two pretty crappy electret capsules back-to-back, and very noisy electronics... (Capsules connected directly to the inputs of a TL07x)
In fact the self noise is so high, that you can only use the microphone to record (loud!) hardrock!
I have stripped the C3 I have here completely.
The plan is to replace the capsule by a good 32 mm 'real' condenser capsule. (Not very much space inside.)
Electronics will be a Shoeps circuit with a DC/DC converter for the polarisation voltage.

RuudNL said:
The Behringer C3 is one of the worst microphones I have ever heard!
Two pretty crappy electret capsules back-to-back, and very noisy electronics... (Capsules connected directly to the inputs of a TL07x)
In fact the self noise is so high, that you can only use the microphone to record (loud!) hardrock!
I have stripped the C3 I have here completely.
The plan is to replace the capsule by a good 32 mm 'real' condenser capsule. (Not very much space inside.)
Electronics will be a Shoeps circuit with a DC/DC converter for the polarisation voltage.

Yes,it's really bad mic.Normally i don't use it.Just sitting around.So i want to upgrade and use it.But i have no money to buy new capsule right now. ;D

What about this one?

http://www.recordingmag.com/resources/resourceDetail/322.html

There is a thread about it but i have a question about it.

Original layout has trace where i showed.

L4V110.jpg

But this one has no trace.

1kQMMB.jpg

Which one is correct?

Without a schematic and a component layout it is difficult to tell...
I suppose the 3 spots are already connected to each other at 'the other side' of the PCB, so it does not matter.

Attachments

• PCB.PNG
    PCB.PNG
    71.2 KB · Views: 8
RuudNL said:
Without a schematic and a component layout it is difficult to tell...
I suppose the 3 spots are already connected to each other at 'the other side' of the PCB, so it does not matter.

:eek: How i missed it!? Thanks!

Back