Harrison 32c Eq Re-design (Some questions)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForthMonkey

I need 3 gang concentric potentiometer.Dual 50K + Single 10K.Where can i find it?

Thanks.

It's my design.Really compact.Used 9mm pots.I will add more info.

But there is lots of via to connect layers.Is it problem? I'll double check.Then order...

And 3D view.

I had to change design cause it's really hard to find dual gang 9mm rev.log. pot.

It's final form.

Top view

d21XqX.png

Bottom view

b2ny4b.png

On 2-gang: the inner shaft controls the back pot.

It has to be that way. Any other order would require the inner shaft to pass "through" the wall of the outer shaft, which is not possible in this universe (or would demand a really tricky mechanism).

On 2-knob 3-gang- it could be either way.

Why are you asking here? Omeg can build it several ways. They can probably tell you which ways they want to do it. But in any case, I believe you should NOT be drilling hard metal or even laying-out PCB for a funny-part until you have the final part IN-HAND.

PRR said:
On 2-gang: the inner shaft controls the back pot.

It has to be that way. Any other order would require the inner shaft to pass "through" the wall of the outer shaft, which is not possible in this universe (or would demand a really tricky mechanism).

On 2-knob 3-gang- it could be either way.

Why are you asking here? Omeg can build it several ways. They can probably tell you which ways they want to do it. But in any case, I believe you should NOT be drilling hard metal or even laying-out PCB for a funny-part until you have the final part IN-HAND.

Thanks for reply.

I'm asking hear because i have to know which shaft controls to which gang before asking them.

By the way i need this pots for my Harrison 32c Eq design.I will order from Omeg.But i have to know pot laws.What are laws of freq and gain?You have any idea?

They send me datasheet.Now i know how can i order.But i need to laws.

You really have no luck.  If you would have asked earlier you could have bought 48 of the poteniometers you want (including knobs) for $ 80,--:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-H-B-ALLEN-AND-HEATH-BRENNELL-CMC24-VINTAGE-40-INPUT-MIXER-DESK-/191656552511?nma=true&si=ELNR2t7uTdPR0fik5QHwo1ABl4c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This desk has exactly the potentiometers you want inside..... 2 per channel.
http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/cmc/

Service manual:
http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/cmc/#tab4

Now you have to look for another AHB CMC24 or CMC32....

ForthMonkey said:
Thanks for your helps.

Now i have to find Omeg 16mm 3 and 4 gang pot libraries for Eagle...Anyone?

The beauty of rolling your own board is that you can design with parts that are a lot easier and cheaper to source than a four-gang pot!

-a

Andy Peters said:
ForthMonkey said:
Thanks for your helps.

Now i have to find Omeg 16mm 3 and 4 gang pot libraries for Eagle...Anyone?

The beauty of rolling your own board is that you can design with parts that are a lot easier and cheaper to source than a four-gang pot!

-a

Actually yes,you're right.But pots are not too expensive.About €7 one piece.And Harrison 32c with concentric pots is really good to me.Small and compact.If ordering from Omeg is expensive,i will build with 9mm pots.Not concentric.My design is ready.Just i working on board design right now.

Really hard to find 9mm reverse log pots,i guess.Maybe i can change 16mm.There is room for this.

Where can i find dual reverse log pots?(No Mouser or Farnell)

I had the same problem with some esoteric ssl potentiometer values, what i did was:

I bought mono anti logs and some stereo pots and just took the stereo back, added it to one of the anti logs. Filed the second mono antilog open and added the taper to the modified mono  (now stereo) pot. Omeg is even better as you don't have to file the tapers out, I think.

Is it even called taper? Well the thing with the resistive path on it is what I refer to as "taper"

I hope I make sense :)

Back