GSSL build - A few problems

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelb

Hi guys and girls.

Apologies, I have looked extensively through the posts but haven't found anything that helps...

I have finished my first build - a lovely GSSL compressor. However, I have some problems: -

- The compressor only compresses when the Bypass button is pressed in and light is on (which should mean it's bypassing not activating)
- The ratio knob works the opposite way that it should - 10 is working as 2.
- Compression is only working on a ratio of 10 - 4 and 2 both make the needle slam to the 20dB but no compression.
- Now, since attempting to 'fix' problems, I have damaged the track on the PCB where the live power enters the board (brown wire). I have attempted to fix that by scratching off the surface around that track and soldering the wire back on to the copper surface but now I have a very loud ground hum.

Sorry guys, I know I sound such a noob!

I have attached pictures of the main board (it's one attachment max per post?) but can attach other pics - 2nd board, wiring etc. Everything has obviously been done according to the manual - I really took my time not to make any errors, but still there are errors unfortunately.

I would really appreciate any help you guys with more experience can offer, thanks very much indeed.

Have a great day

Joel

Attachments

• MainBoard.jpg
    MainBoard.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Back