Space Echo re-201 power problems?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundsactive

Hey all!

I have a re-201 with a rev D PS board. It was working fine, after a few minor repairs I did, but now when turned on the motor and VU light won't go on. They are both off the same winding on the transformer.

When I tested some voltages I was getting very low readings, in the microvolts area. The continuity is pretty good across output pins on the board, 44, 45, 46. The rectifier seems to be fine, but voltages are low. I also can't seem to find a good schematic with voltage readings save for the service manual, which points to +15v to the DC motor circuit, which I am absolutely no where near.

Anything I should check? Is it possible that the transformer is kaput? Thanks!

I just checked this and I'm getting continuity. Now the circuit is showing me around +5v, which I should be getting +15v going to the motor circuit. Any other trouble points? Should I start recapping that section of the PSU?

Check the AC output of the transformer winding.
Unless the PSU caps are physically damaged it is unlikely that they would be the cause of the problem.
Start with the transformer secondary and work forward from there. What are you using for measurements?
If the transformer secondary voltage appears OK, check the DC volts after the rectifiers.
I'm not familiar with the circuit, so I don;t know whether there is a regulator for the motor drive voltage.
Are you measuring with the loads connected or disconnected?

Back