Entrepreneur seeking design partners for proposed line of low cost gear

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

md04cm

Hi,

I'm looking to start a line of low cost Tube Gear, namely a Tube DI and Tube Pre, aimed for use in home studios. Im looking for someone that can possible come aboard as a circuitry designer. I feel like I have a very solid business plan in place and I want to get into this as soon as possible. If this sounds like something you would be interested in please contact me. 

You should probably post this in the "Jobs Available" sub-forum http://groupdiy.com/index.php?board=12.0

And if you put your location in your profile you are more likely to get relevant hits...

Jakob E.

I don't design any circuitry but, my specialty is in knowing "HOW" to design the physical product. This entails both the "electronic mechanical designs" --- AND --- the "Printed Circuit Board designs" required to create a new product. If you are still into having your ideas come to fruition, then contact me at:    midnight_blue_designs AT yah00 D0T c0m

Regards,

Jerry B. Williams
Senior Electronics Mechanical Packaging & PCB Designer
Midnight Blue Designs

Audio Engineer / Producer
Midnight Blue Studios

/

Attachments

• JBW-Designed_12X8 Audio Matrix Switcher 1U Rack Chassis_F&R Views.pdf
    338 KB · Views: 25
md04cm said:
Hi,

I'm looking to start a line of low cost Tube Gear, namely a Tube DI and Tube Pre, aimed for use in home studios. Im looking for someone that can possible come aboard as a circuitry designer. I feel like I have a very solid business plan in place and I want to get into this as soon as possible. If this sounds like something you would be interested in please contact me.

Low Cost, Tube DI and Tube Pre, aimed for home studios,
How will you be able to compete with the ART Tube MP?

http://artproaudio.com/art_products/signal_processing/signal_channel_tube_preamps/product/tube_mp-original/

It costs 40 bucks, it's a Tube DI and Tube Pre

A solid business plan in this area could be something as simple as actually making a real tube-only DI and/or Preamplifier. Not rocket science, but it will call for some kind of decent, yet inexpensive audio transformer for tube-interfacing. Yes, it will have flaws, but you may as well think of these as character.

Many years ago I was looking into this area, but didn't finish any product. I'm probably not too good with the needed compromises, so high-end is easier for me.

Decent, cheap transformers are the hard problems. Some of the car/hifi isolation transformers can be made to work (some are horrible) - Monacor's "LTR110" was probably the best contender for cheap tube-interfacing. I haven't succeeded in tracking down the OEM of this - or of any of the other half-decent types I've come across. But it might be possible with the right connections in far east.

High-voltage psu's that can be run on wallwarts are economically possible nowadays - e.g.: http://www.dx.com/p/jtron-03100660-dc-dc-45-390v-dual-output-boost-module-yellow-369587

Shouldn't be too hard to do a decent "real" design at 2-3x price of the fake. And quite a few of the customers can actually hear the difference (!!)

Jakob E.

Back