Going to API mixer(Something to use with 2-ACA-Bo)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks interesting ForthMonkey!

What do you have in mind for pots and switches? Not values, I mean model & brand!

I´m basically wanting to build a simple summing mixer going into the 2-aca-bo.

Are you gonna build the CAPI / GDIY modular rack to go with this or are you using your own backplane PCB?

Basically, what are your plans? :)

XAXAU said:

What do you have in mind for pots and switches? Not values, I mean model & brand!

Are you gonna build the CAPI / GDIY modular rack to go with this or are you using your own backplane PCB?

Hi XAXAU,

For switches Toneluck is good.

http://capi-gear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=51_52&products_id=88

For pots,OMEG is good.But any 16mm is ok i guess.

Yes.I want to build something like modular rack.For now iprovlek working on mixer.

I started this project as summing amp with insert to use with ACA-BO.But improved it to mixer type for iprovlek.

I'll build simple 8 channel summing amp with this.Just simple.

ForthMonkey said:
XAXAU said:

Hi XAXAU,

Yes.I want to build something like modular rack.For now iprovlek working on mixer.

I started this project as summing amp with insert to use with ACA-BO.But improved it to mixer type for iprovlek.

Cool! For me I´d like to have Grayhill footprint for fader and pan though and a heavy duty toggle for mute/on switching.

Any chance of making boards like that? I´d buy a big pile of boards if you do!  8)

Not hating on your design, I would just like to build something that I can be buried with you know? :p

You are a resourceful and clever man Forthmonkey. This is very straight forward and utilitarian while being interesting since it allows for so many options. Thanks for your projects. You certainly can fan the fire.

XAXAU said:
ForthMonkey said:
XAXAU said:

Hi XAXAU,

Cool! For me I´d like to have Grayhill footprint for fader and pan though and a heavy duty toggle for mute/on switching.

Any chance of making boards like that? I´d buy a big pile of boards if you do!  8)

Not hating on your design, I would just like to build something that I can be buried with you know? :p

I would like to make what you want it but for now it's impossible to do it.Cause i have to buy some Grayhill switches to try new version and i have to build my own boards.For now i'm not planning that version because of economically reasons.But if you want simple version,i can make some boards for you.

Rocinante said:
You are a resourceful and clever man Forthmonkey. This is very straight forward and utilitarian while being interesting since it allows for so many options. Thanks for your projects. You certainly can fan the fire.

Thank you so much!

Are these available? 
I'm most interested in the switch boards but I'd like to play with the back plane too.  I suppose I'd like to play around with the channel boards too but I am building a Neve-ish summing mixer and wasn't sure how I would implement them.
Let me know please.

Hi there !

I could definitely be interested for 8 channel of this board…

Are those available?

Thanks in advance !
Best

Latest posts

Back