hypex electronics plate amps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are all basically the same technology.  I've used pretty much every variation in DIY, commercial OEM stuff with PMC (who I do some work with) and in other brands such as the Grimm LS1.

I've never used the software the design filters but I will be doing so in the coming weeks for a large 3 way experiment I have going on (interestingly  I have access to a Lake, a Bryston 10B and will be be purchasing the Hypex DLCP DSP platform too).

Word on the street is that all of the existing Hypex DSP products will be compatible with new software that is currently in beta.  There are stability improvements, workflow and the addition of FIR filters (which I would ignore in 99 out of 100 cases).

Cheers,
Ruairi

right on. I am less concerned with the dsp as I am planning to use these with existing  speakers that already have the crossovers built in. I talked with hypex, they were very informative and friendly.  will be using their stuff in the near future for amps.  they were able to answer my questions of just so that I understand correctly I can do.... . Price is nice too.  full steam ahead with this project.

Read Bruno's white paper on the design of the Grimm LS1, his illustration of the strengths and weaknesses of DSP crossovers is fascinating.

My new project is based around six UCD400OEM but I've heard them all from the UCD180 to the bigger Ncore, they are all class leaders for the money IMO.

Latest posts

Back