GroupDIY members in the Greater L.A. area - can I get a headcount?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruairioflaherty

Hi all,

I'm working on a few ideas and would love to get an idea of how many of us here are based in or within driving distance of L.A.  Please chime in.

Lurkers - consider this your reason to make an account and represent.

Cheers,
Ruairi

I've met with UBXF previously and Bluebird is a friend too.

Keep 'em coming.  I've got some ideas for a get together and I'd like to see if we have the numbers to make sense of it.

I'm in Eagle Rock.  Getting back into audio DIY after spending the last few years on home improvement DIY... my back is thankful for the switch in DIY activities. 

Hail all LA GroupDiy'ers!

I've got a local problem in your area.

One of our G14 Eq's arrived DOA (one channel out) at a VintageKing customer, and somehow VK are extremely reluctant having one of their own techs take a look at it. Even just getting them to verify that there was an actual error took negotiation.

Could I persuade one of you guys to have a look and/or fix it? Takes a bit of experience in high-voltage-handling and mounting TO-220's isolated the right way.

As we test and burn-in rigorously before shipping, we're probably looking at a electro-mechanical problem: The only similar incident ever was a Lundahl transformer pcb pad that had come off, loosing connection.

Unit is currently located at VK, LA - although I'm not entirely sure where exactly that's at.

Jakob Erland
Gyraf Audio

Thanks guys.

We went with Ruari/Bluebird - what more could anyone want...?

At times like this I'm reminded that GroupDiy is one of the nicest places on the interwebs, with the most helpful collection of people.

Thanks.

Jakob E.

Hi Gents,

I haven't forgotten this thread and it's nice to see the names adding up.  I'm working on a few get together ideas, I'll be back to you all soon.

Cheers,
Ruairi

Latest posts

Back