Your cat may be a better judge of your mix than your dog.......

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our cat goes absolutely nuts if we rustle tin foil - it totally unsettles him. It's gotten to the point that, if he's sitting by his bowl in the kitchen (his favourite hobby - while staring upwards at one of us), and we reach for the foil on the top shelf, just the motion of moving an arm towards the foil will send him scrambling out of the kitchen for cover.

thermionic said:
Our cat goes absolutely nuts if we rustle tin foil - it totally unsettles him. It's gotten to the point that, if he's sitting by his bowl in the kitchen (his favourite hobby - while staring upwards at one of us), and we reach for the foil on the top shelf, just the motion of moving an arm towards the foil will send him scrambling out of the kitchen for cover.

That's funny man.

Hearing range varies in cats and dogs a good bit with breed, age, etc.
I had to get a lot of data on this some several years ago when I developed a dog toy.
It's this:
http://www.hear-doggy.com/
Basically a toy with an ultrasonic squeaker that emulates rodent distress calls at about 26kHz.
It worked best with young small breed animals and cats. I found that dogs seem to lose HF hearing
with age faster than cats. I went with as low a frequency as I could that wouldn't be heard by humans.
(many children/teens can hear almost to there)

Les

John,
My cat actually comes when I call it. Each morning I say "let's go to work" and he runs out to the machine shop building.
He usually lays on top of a Johnson horizontal bandsaw all day to "help". The only think he doesn't like in there is compressed air guns...the hiss sounds like some kind of giant mean cat.
He won't go in the electronics lab. Don't know why.

Les

Our cat will come if you call his name on most occasions, but it's not guaranteed.

On the other hand, if you shake his food bag, he definitely will come, guaranteed  ;D

Latest posts

Back