High Freq Deemphasis on this Mic ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xqtion

Hi

This is a schematic of the Prodipe Lamp Studio Pro tube mic.

Can anyone tell me if there is a high frequency attenuation/deemphasis going on in the signal flow ?

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Prodipe Schematic.jpg
    Prodipe Schematic.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 38
I'm gonna guess the B+ is around 180v - the divider for the front diaphragm bias is about 1:3 [ 270k / (270+560k) ], and you usually want about 60v there.

Pin 6 may very well be some sort of mute circuitry, perhaps a delayed-startup? 0v there = mute (3k+150k for the cathode resistor); 5-6v = normal operation (150k bypassed, 3k as the cathode resistor).

I'm gonna guess the B+ is around 180v - the divider for the front diaphragm bias is about 1:3 [ 270k / (270+560k) ], and you usually want about 60v there.

Pin 6 may very well be some sort of mute circuitry, perhaps a delayed-startup? 0v there = mute (3k+150k for the cathode resistor); 5-6v = normal operation (150k bypassed, 3k as the cathode resistor).
Thanks Khron,
I think the Prodipe Lanen microphones are manufactured in the same place as the Perception series. The chassis look identical

Hello guys i have found out that Ludovic Lanen build the AKG 820 it is identical microphone that the one he build for Prodipe. "Prodipe Lamp" (a very nice build microphone). I have just take look at the old Prodipe ST1 the capsule is a taskar with the yellow cable. The microphone look very much like the AKG P220. I have tested Prodipe ST1, the head basket is more open than the AKG P220, this said it's exactly the same build with the strange screw at the bottom. Ludovic Lanen and AKG microphone looks and sound much alike.

Latest posts

Back