Feeler: Chinese K47/CK12 Capsule Groupbuy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order when we reach minimum quantities, or move ahead with K47 only?

• K47 only

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Wait for CK12

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Don't mind either way

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
...and when you open their site, you will find picture in the middle, where's the previous version of this capsule - with plastic ring.
They sound the same.

For 26$ a piece, i don't see why ISK wouldn't be a good option :) In fact, in this case, i might be willing to go up to 4pcs...

is ISK is the one who makes microphone parts capsules? If yes I would be in with their stuff,. The C12 capsule may be a nice option, too, if it is not too much on the bright side

For me the switch to ISK is okay.
Is it the capsule with the white ring or the brass ring (microphone parts, etc.).
And if I'm informed well, the ISK capsule has a diameter of 34mm and is sticked with 3-micron mylar isn't it?

B.R

Deepdark said:
is ISK is the one who makes microphone parts capsules? If yes I would be in with their stuff,. The C12 capsule may be a nice option, too, if it is not too much on the bright side

Yes.

forzasalva said:
For me the switch to ISK is okay.
Is it the capsule with the white ring or the brass ring (microphone parts, etc.).
And if I'm informed well, the ISK capsule has a diameter of 34mm and is sticked with 3-micron mylar isn't it?

B.R

It's the same which you don't like :D
Did you tried to test them again as i described to you?

Looks exactly like these:

http://www.foxaudioresearch.ca/RK%2047%20capsule.jpg

http://origin.ih.constantcontact.com/fs076/1101219968445/img/123.jpg?a=1102402970599%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cfont%20color=

Really great capsule, need higher voltage to get really great sound.
60-75V
I using it with flat shoeps circuit.

Just to clarify, we are then talking about 34mm K47 style capsules with a plastic ring - but from iSK rather than Shuai-Yin because there was a problem with the Shuai-Yin backplates which means they have now been discontinued ...?

... and these iSK capsules are the same ones that microphone-parts sell ...?

Are these then effectively 'NOS' Shuai-Yin capsules, or do iSK and microphone-parts get them made somewhere else?

I know this is a lot of points to clarify, but it seems to me that everyone would like to know. The price works for me, as long as we can know that the quality will be at least acceptable. Thanks :)

Previous we talked about 32mm k47 with brass ring (RK7 on microphone parts) from Shuai-Yin which are discontinued (they are also discontinued on microphone parts site)

Now we talking about 34mm K47 with plastic ring from ISK.
Banzai gave me information, that ISK is the same factory capsule as i buying from World Gain Trade.
Basic on my experience with World Gain Trade K47, this is exactly the same capsule as microphone parts was selling not so long time ago. They have changed rings for brass probably from marketing reasons. Except the ring everything else is the same.
I had the opportunity to compare plastic and brass and they sound exactly the same.
If you will put on the screws black paint or black marker you will get also MJE-K47 from the 3rd picture:

http://www.oktavamodshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_46&products_id=183

:D :D :D

Shuai-Yin and ISK k47 are completely different capsules from different factories!

In my experience the ISk/Tonxin k47's sound better than the Shuayin k47 types, in fact the iSK back plates are  very close to the copy's flea makes ... The back plate spacers are 33-35 um which is what Neumann uses but the tuning point and 3um Mylar make them brighter and lacking a bit the in lows when compares to my thiersch bluline.  Also Avoid exceeding 60v polarization as the diaphragm will collapse. All in all a very good capsule for $27.00!!:)As yet  I haven't yet tried to re-skin one of these but I have 6um mylar that I got from Eric and a bunch of these in my drawer, but  no time... :( As yet... but I'm almost certain they sound excellent with new diaphragms of the intended tuning point. 

It's difficult to establish what is or isn't acceptable at $26, but quality wise, there's no reason for it to be of any lesser quality than the identical K47 capsule sold by online DIY vendors: as these factories are all about maximising profits, it's safe to assume our batch will be produced inside a much bigger commercial order for 500 or 1'000pcs., all made to the same standard.

MagnetoSound said:
I know this is a lot of points to clarify, but it seems to me that everyone would like to know. The price works for me, as long as we can know that the quality will be at least acceptable. Thanks :)

OPR said:
Also Avoid exceeding 60v polarization as the diaphragm will collapse.

I using them with 70-75V(max) with backplate polarisation and diaphragm polarisation. If the capsule is faulty you will get grainy surface on the diaphragm (polarised) with the backplate polarisation even with faulty capsule i didn't had problems.
Works great with Rode NT-1A (75V polarisation voltage)

Latest posts

Back