Feeler: Chinese K47/CK12 Capsule Groupbuy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order when we reach minimum quantities, or move ahead with K47 only?

• K47 only

Votes: 23 30.3%
  • Wait for CK12

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • Don't mind either way

Votes: 20 26.3%

• Total voters
I using them with 70-75V(max) with backplate polarisation and diaphragm polarisation. If the capsule is faulty you will get grainy surface on the diaphragm (polarised) with the backplate polarisation even with faulty capsule i didn't had problems.
Works great with Rode NT-1A (75V polarisation voltage)

Interesting..  :)
i guess that there must have be different diaphragm tension on the ones you tested.. most capsules get harder and brighter sounding with higher polarization voltage not something I would want particularly from this capsule as they seem to get a bit pointy in the 5 k region... but everybody likes different things ;)

OPR said:
I using them with 70-75V(max) with backplate polarisation and diaphragm polarisation. If the capsule is faulty you will get grainy surface on the diaphragm (polarised) with the backplate polarisation even with faulty capsule i didn't had problems.
Works great with Rode NT-1A (75V polarisation voltage)

Interesting..  :)
i guess that there must have be different diaphragm tension on the ones you tested.. most capsules get harder and brighter sounding with higher polarization voltage not something I would want particularly from this capsule as they seem to get a bit pointy in the 5 k region... but everybody likes different things ;)

I agree that everybody likes different things but...
I'm big fan of flat response mikes :D
My experiences with these capsules are completely opposite :D:D:D
With higher voltages i get much more smooth HF response and LF response is  more extended :D
Worst option are voltages below 50V. Weak LF response and unpleasant HF.
Where's the catch? :D

With higher voltages i get much more smooth HF response and LF response is  more extended :D

Our test results differ greatly ;D!!In general..when a higher polarization voltage beyond the intended 60v is applied to the back plate it increases  electrostatic attraction of the diaphragm pulling it toward to the back plate and their by raising the tension/ tuning point of the diaphragm and in a the worst case the diaphragm will collapse... Diaphragm tension has a direct effect on the frequency response, in particular the low end would be reduced if the tension was raised and upper frequencies accentuated.

But anyhow if you  like what you hear then great!!  ;D

Back to topic now great  capsule for $27.00!!!! go get em!!
I would  more  if I didn't have 15 of the sitting in my drawer :)

OPR said:

Our test results differ greatly ;D!!In general..when a higher polarization voltage beyond the intended 60v is applied to the back plate it increases  electrostatic attraction of the diaphragm pulling it toward to the back plate and their by raising the tension/ tuning point of the diaphragm and in a the worst case the diaphragm will collapse... Diaphragm tension has a direct effect on the frequency response, in particular the low end would be reduced if the tension was raised and upper frequencies accentuated.

But anyhow if you  like what you hear then great!!  ;D

Back to topic now great  capsule for $27.00!!!! go get em!!
I would  more  if I didn't have 15 of the sitting in my drawer :)

:D :D :D

So i guess i have some reverse hearing disease or maybe all of my capsules weren't tensioned properly ;)
In rode nt1a it has much better low end response and smoother hf than original k67-style capsule - direct comparision.

Let's say we have different results and i think it should be ok :D

Did you tried them in schoeps circuit with diaphragm polarisation?

MagnetoSound said:
Is it possible to get mounts with these?
If not, what do you suggest for the mounts?

Cheers.

I don't know how it be with our groupbuy, so we need to wait for the news from Banzai.
I buying them always with the small saddle, screws and mounting post as on the picture from microphone parts site.
Mounting post (vibro-isolator type) is really ok, maybe to short for some microphones so it needs some pad. Screws aren't the best and the spacing of mounting holes in the saddle is little bit to narrow.

Yeah, that's no problem. If everyone needs them, we should definitely do with.
I'm guessing it'll be between $1-$3 more per capsule.

MagnetoSound said:

Cheers.

Banzai said:
Yeah, that's no problem. If everyone needs them, we should definitely do with.
I'm guessing it'll be between $1-$3 more per capsule.

MagnetoSound said:

Cheers.

Mounting post or plastic pedestal?

Anything we buy needs to be in the 100's of capsules. Easier to focus on just one type to get our volume as high as possible.

felixskw said:
I'm still OK for 4 pieces.

Should I dare asking if is possible to add some K87/67 to the deal?

Thanks,
Felix

With prices like these, i'm pretty sure a later group buy for different capsules will also be quite successful ;D

mounting post would be the best I think :) So now, do we have reach the 100 capsules? Just to be sure, I'm in for 4 instead of 2 :)

homero.leal said:
So.... when are we placing the order?

They need to arrive before christmas... right?  :D

Cheers!

HL

Are you planning to be "capsule santa claus" this year?

;)

Ah, I see what you mean. I thought you meant the rubber post and plastic yoke.

Like you say, we'll go for the straight post to avoid problems with the mounting holes.

Deepdark said:
mounting post would be the best I think :) So now, do we have reach the 100 capsules? Just to be sure, I'm in for 4 instead of 2 :)

Latest posts

Back