Line level mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaper

Hi Guys,

Just cleaned my mind last evening, and realised that I have a bunch of synths, some outboards to record them, but no mixer...
Then saw in the Studer 169 EQ topic, that someone would like to build a simple line mixer with that EQ on every channel.

I was wondering that it will be ok for me too :D

My basic idea is a simple 8-12 channel mono line mixer, with a fader and a mute button on every channel (maybe panning, but no need for aux sends/returns or solo buttons). These channels should be buffered before the EQ (Am I right?), then the Studer, and then a simple mixing circuit.

Is there any schemo out there for this?

I would like to do this in a modular fashion ...

You got finish Studer micpre+eq!

this thread:http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=59616.0

You only need line switch which can be assembled with module,with this you got 8-12 channels strips and line mixer!

You can put High pass filter,+48V,pad,polarity!

Thank you for the suggestion, but found a "simpler" way, which is more easy to use, a bit more modular.
The only problem is that the input stage is designed for balanced inputs.
I don't have any balanced stuff in my studio :(

How can I modify it for simple + and GND inputs...

p30a_f4.gif

snaper said:
Thank you for the suggestion, but found a "simpler" way, which is more easy to use, a bit more modular.

p30a_f4.gif

well the old school way is to put a transformer in front.  I would use a 10K:10K and a XLR jack. connect the + to 2 and the - on 3 then I would arrange a switch  on the input to switch it out.  on certain impedance loading set-ups, it will saturate the transformer, but at least it can eliminate potential ground loops. also you can get a  transformer that has two primaries and switch between input impedances by arranging the primaries in series or parallel (depending on switch position).

snaper said:

I would just put a THAT differential receiver on the input, and use 1/4" TRS connectors. If you need single-ended inputs, just plug in the standard TS 1/4" plug.

Latest posts

Back