Locating/Replacing a Pot - Tag T0BM20K ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionpawsoundsystem

Good Morning all,

I should start by saying this is my first forray into the circuitry world and, depending on its success, possibly a new side hobby! However consider me a complete newbie. Apologies if this question or any further show my complete lack of knowledge,

I have recently purchased a Roclab3000 delay unit (which I assume will fucntion very similarly to the Boss DE200). Unfortunately, it appears that all of the pots need replacing as they appear to cut in and out when turned.

I have managed to locate and order most of the required pots basic log and linear jobbies but there are two which i cannot track down.

The tag on the pot is T0BM20K YH. It has the standard 3 pins coming off at 6 o clock and an additional pin coming off at 12 o clock and also has a centre tap. Splined Shaft, 16mm long, 6mm diameter. The photo below shows the problem pots, the pots of interest at on the RHS.

Can anyone advise where to find one of these and, if not, whether there are any alternatives which will perform the same function?

Many thanks in advance for all and any assistance.

Peter

Attachments

• DSC01556crop.jpg
    DSC01556crop.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Before going to the trouble and expense of replacing pots it might pay to try cleaning them first.  Intermittent pots are often caused by the build up of dust and general crud over time. There are a variety of cleaner products on the market that can remove these but Deoxit seems to be one of the favourites amongst DIYers. Give each pot a good spray and rotate it end to end a few times.

Cheers

Ian

It looks like one of those pots with the center grounded. They use them in EQ section for old Yamaha consoles - allows the EQ to be fully off at the center.

From what I remember, they are almost impossible to find. Depending on the application/use you may be able to get away without them and just use a normal value pot without the centre ground.

Thanks to both of you,

I have given it a very thorough cleaning and they seem to be working - for now....  I have read varying opinions about cleaning pots - do they or dont they need re-lubing etc....

Im hoping that theyll continue to work cause it sounds like a long shot finding spares!

Latest posts

Back