Amek M2500 resurrection

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 53957

First, I guess I need to figure out a power supply for this.

so what power supply I need to get to power this mammoth console ( I think this thing is just as huge as my Yamaha PM4000 40 ch)

wow, those are pretty spendy. I wonder what voltages I need. all I see that they had was the same 3 power supplies with 16, 5 and 48 rails.  I see 10V and 18V screen printed on the channel strips. since this is to the british standard I imagine +/-  17.5V, 48V  but  10V instead of +/-5V. I need to find out what the voltages are on the original power supply (that I didn't get). I do have some adjustable linears laying around.

I have a 400 and 900 series power supplies. They look quite battered externally but internally all good and untouched as far as I know. 400 has triple output + - 17.5V and +48V. 900 has triple plus an auxiliary but I am not sure what it was.

If they are of interest I can e-mail further images.

Attachments

• AMEK_PSU.jpg
    AMEK_PSU.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 32
My Blue Angela supply...  2000 series has +/- 18v, +11v , and +48 leds on the front panel
but the skitz says +/- 17.5v, +10v, +48v and +5v that is for automation.
Looks like the +10 is for relays.
The M2500 and the Angela  are not to different in age.

GARY

Depending on the frame you need one or two M2000 PSUs. These were custom made for a particular console, which means they may or may not be interchangeable. You need to check the connector pinout and which regulator modules are loaded for your desk.  The main PSU will have 5 voltages: +17,5V, -17,5V, 48V, 10V, 5V. My desk has a second PSU which omits the logic supply voltages. It power the audio part of the right side of the desk only, while the main PSU powers audio of the left part + masters as well as all the logic.
Drop me a pm if you need a picture of the original PSU schematic

Back