• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Sphere Eclipse C 32-Channel Recording Console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steamy Williams

Sphere Eclipse C 32-Channel Recording Console - £28,000 GBP. Plus VAT and shipping if applicable.

Located in London, UK, but will ship worldwide.

Studio closure forces me to sell this 32-channel, 32-bus in-line console from 1979 (in a short-loaded 48-channel frame). These legendary consoles are very rare. It's one of only around 15 Eclipse C's manufactured, and the only Sphere console in Europe as far as I'm aware.

It's full of discrete op-amps, inductors and transformers. These consoles are often said to sound like a cross between API and vintage Neve. This one has been refurbished to a very high standard, including a full recap, and will be available in February.

For comprehensive info about the specs, history and refurbishment of the console, please see this brochure:

1979 Sphere Eclipse C for Sale (Revision 4, 14 March 2016)

No offers please, as this new price is firm.

EU buyers have to pay VAT at 20% (£33,600 inc. VAT), unless you are VAT registered and based outside the UK. Buyers outside the EU don't have to pay VAT.

For buyers in the US, crating and shipping will cost approx. £3,000.

Sphere_C_Main_1.jpg

Sphere_C_Main_2.jpg

Sphere_C_Main_3.jpg

Sphere_C_EQs_close-up.jpg

Sphere_C_PSUs.jpg

This console is still available.

I've just updated the brochure in the original post to include some interesting new information about the history of the console, which was recently provided by Ken Hirsch of Electrodyne/Orphan Audio.

Latest posts

Back