g1176 ratio switch question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tapebaker

i noticed as i was about to stuff the ratio switch (lorlin rotary) into the pcb that mouser sent me a 2 pole/6 position switch instead of a 2 pole/4 position.

my first question is, if i go ahead and install the 6 position switch, will the existing ration selections fall on the first four positions...or will the switch not work at all?

my second question is, if it will work, is there an easy way to wire the 5th or 6th position for the four-buttons-in "slam" mode? if so, i'd love to use this switch instead of wiring a front panel switch...and it might be nice to have one position left open for a future mod of some sort...perhaps an additional ratio choice.

this is my first DIY project, so i'm sorry if the answers to these questions are simple and i'm just not seeing them.

thanks,

adam

If you ordered the Lorlin switch listed on the parts list for the 1176, then it can be configured as a four-position switch by removing the nut and lockwasher and relocating the steel washer under them. The steel washer has a locating pin on it and it's just a matter of turning it and installing it in the right hole to limit the movement of the switch to four positions.

Cheers,
--
Don

oh, yeah...and i know i'm being lazy and looking for quick answers here, but...which hole?

(ok, no jokes...please.)

adam

um...ok, yeah...maybe the one that says "4", since it was already in "6"?

next time i'll actually look before asking the dumb question. sometimes i have to remind myself that i actually do have a brain.

thanks for the help...

adam

Latest posts

Back