Truly sorry fellas...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okgb said:
I recall allot of deleted posts,  allot of lost information ?
Hi Greg.
Yes, that was unfortunate.  I did get to repost a couple of, at the time, unseen schems for the TG limiter and RS124 after the fact so hopfully there's no info missing now.  I'm happy to answer any questions I can,
D.J.H.

Hey winston u a legend man! good to have you back!!
I read some of your posts before then all of a sudden  just as a thread was getting  to its climax  your post became a row of dots, damn it broke my heart especially as you were the EMI guy.

anyway we all fuck up sometimes and its seems like the people with the mosty creativity and intelligence seem to fuck up so badly so frequently, all part of this rich tapestry we call life....hey?!

If u need anything just pm me I'll help if I can, I'm sure I speak for everybody here.

Mick

Thought we lost you forever, many rumors of your demise did abound, Welcome Back!  :D :D :D

you have a wealth of knowledge which was sorely missed,

you are not the only one who has been hit with problems, believe me,

no judgement here, just a bunch of techno geeks,

never regret yesterday, life is in you today, you make your tomorrow,

besides, all of us selfish bastards don't care about the past, we just want 2SK170 fets and inside info on UA products!  :D

cleaning up the past can be like a good acid trip, no?  ;D

been trying to get these dang V72's back to the owner, takin me 10 years, every time i get rolling, i lose a job and have to relocate,  can't even afford frickin 20uf/450's or EF804 tubes, wtf, over?
lost Mom, lost the girlfriend, job, apartment, survived bouts with alcohol, got a DUI on my bicycle can you believe it? so get strung out on weed, coach surfing right now for 200 a month which is hard to pay fixing guitar amps for 20 bucks a day, on a good day, selling a few transformers, but eeking my way back to human level coming up on 3 years sobriety thanks to AA, so yeah, life happens alright, just got to hang in there,

you have humbled yourself now it is time to bask in the sunlight of the spirit!

now what was that xfmr ratio for the Redd 47?  ;D ;D ;D

leadbreath said:
Hey winston u a legend man! good to have you back!!
I read some of your posts before then all of a sudden  just as a thread was getting  to its climax  your post became a row of dots, damn it broke my heart especially as you were the EMI guy.d

anyway we all f**k up sometimes and its seems like the people with the mosty creativity and intelligence seem to f**k up so badly  so frequently, all part of this rich tapestry we call life....hey?!

Hey Mick,
Thanks for the post mate.
If it's any consolation, I haven't reached the climax yet either!  ;)
My knowledge just comes up with dots when I want the answer...  So much to learn.  Which is probably what keeps me, and everyone else, searching.

Cheers  :)

CJ said:
you have humbled yourself now it is time to bask in the sunlight of the spirit!

now what was that xfmr ratio for the Redd 47?  ;D ;D ;D

Well HEY CJ!  :)
I had no idea you'd been through that!    Dude, I'm happy to hear you came up for air and decided to stay.

V72's:  Wire the sockets for EF86 maybe?  Cheaper tubes.
What's wrong with the units otherwise?  Share the problem, we'll help.

I don't care too much about the original REDD47 xrmr ratio my friend... Shove a space-age, hi-transconductance valve in instead of that ECC88 and use a 5:1 maybe?  How about YOU design a transformer for us that blows the rest away!

Take care of yourself, be well CJ  :)

i need good nickel laminations, everybody is buying them from S. Korea because they have the best stuff,

but shipping is too much, so i am training a gorilla to break into the Cinemag factory and walk out with a backpack full of 80 Ni,  :D

only problem is how to get the gorilla and lams from LA to Olympia, WA,
Greyhound says they will take him on the midnight run if we can  train him  to use the toilet,
if he can make it to Eugene OR before he bites anybody's head off then he can just walk the rest of the way,
so if you happen to see a gorilla on I-5 walking north, try not to hit him,

Maybe you could call up David at Cinemag and ask if you can tag-along on one of his lam orders.  I've been successful at doing stuff like that, as it isn't much burden on the seller:  they can make some extra scratch and benefit from the increased volume discounts in the process...a win/win!

Welcome Back :) Glad to see you're wiling to contribute again  8) If you ever want to participate in the elaboration of any project, let me know  ;D

Matador said:
Maybe you could call up David at Cinemag and ask if you can tag-along on one of his lam orders.  I've been successful at doing stuff like that, as it isn't much burden on the seller:  they can make some extra scratch and benefit from the increased volume discounts in the process...a win/win!
And what about the gorilla?

CJ I think I need to build me a clone of that gorilla, I got a couple of jobs I need doing this side.

Can you post the DNA schematic, maybe we can start a group buy on some stem cells?

:)

rdraudio said:
Hi John,
Mark Cochi here.

Hey Mark,
wow, it's been a very long time.  I  remembered your company name 'RDR Audio' before even seeing your name underneath. 
How are you?  Really hope things are going OK for you and you're keeping above water. 
I always seem to forget to check my PM's on here but, if you need/want to get in touch then my email:
[email protected] is still active if you need.
Take care,
Hinson.

Ricardus said:
Mark. I know you!

Mark's been slogging along in the business a long time, worked on many projects.
He's also one of the nicest and coolest guys to deal with and has a massive passion for gear.

At the end of my time/career building gear I ran into many difficulties (health & financial) and the slack he cut me when trying to get a piece of gear delivered to him was above and beyond.  I ended up owing him money that I didn't have and it was taking forever to scratch it together.  He had every right to be pissed off as hell with me, but he ended up sending an email that showed empathy, he has a BIG heart.

I honestly don't know if I ever did manage to pay him back in full?  That I let decent folks like Mark down still haunts me all these years later.  Again, I'm truly sorry :( 

Anyway, Mark is the real deal. 

Wow...Heavy thread..
Thanks for sharing.
Very easy to relate to. As if your technical abilities and posts weren't enough , you're openness to share some of your personal struggles is really something inspiring.
If it were found that there are some loose ends with past business dealings that needed to be taken care , I'd be willing to chip in a few to get you closer to freeing yourself from any haunts if it would help.
Thanks again for deciding to be around and share your experience.

scott2000 said:
If it were found that there are some loose ends with past business dealings that needed to be taken care , I'd be willing to chip in a few to get you closer to freeing yourself from any haunts if it would help.
Thanks again for deciding to be around and share your experience.

Seconded!

Hi gents,
yeah it was/is a heavy thread.  But when I posted it 2016 I felt it was necessary to talk about elephants in the room and come clean before assuming I could just start posting again on here. 
Reading back just now, I was sadly reminded that we are now without Joe Neil (Bruno2000 on here) who passed away in 2018. 
Anyway, on any loose ends - since I first posted I managed to square away a couple of things with folks on here that needed doing.  But I'm moved that you guys offered to help with that stuff  :)

For the minute, I'm OK.  I have a roof over my head which is really the main thing.

But, one thing that I've been thinking about quite a bit recently is how other folks on here are doing during the present time.  There have to be fellow members who are struggling with finances right now what with a lot of things being on hold or closed.

I don't know how to set it up, but some kind of fund would be a nice thing to set up for anyone who's in trouble.
It's hard to ask for help so that might be the biggest obstacle.  Sending a few bucks to a fellow member's PayPal would be easy.
A trusted member could also hold an account/fund. Dunno? 

What I do know is that there are hundreds (thousands?) of kind, very decent people on here. 

:)

Latest posts

Back