freeDSP with Balanced I/Os

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rkn80

Hello,

I would like to show you another project that I almost finished in the last weeks. It is a variant of the freeDSP with balanced input and outputs. You can see it here: www.freedsp.cc
Please refer to that website if you want to know more about freeDSP.

The story:
End of April I was looking around for a DSP solution for my subwoofer. First I was thinking about buying a miniDSP. But then I came across the freeDSP project. Well, building something with my solder iron is more fun then just buying a ready-to-go board. But no balanced I/Os available. Thus, I joined the freeDSP team and I pulled the freeDSP CLASSIC SMD A and changed it to balanced i/os.
First prototype board was working mid-May. I had to change some minor things.  Now I'm waiting for the beta-Ready prototype board which is already manufactured and waiting for shipping.

Have fun,

R.

Here is a picture of the first working prototype.

Attachments

• DSC_0359_Kopie.jpeg
    DSC_0359_Kopie.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 99
And a rendering of the beta-Ready board:

Attachments

• rendering_betaversion.jpg
    rendering_betaversion.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 55
Me like much, nice!

and a cool webpage you made, congrats. I have a miniDSP myself, nut the UI is rather limited. I suppose SigmaStudio allows for a customized configuration?

cheers,

Michael

Yes. with SigmaStudio you can do whatever you want: Frequency Crossover, Limiter, Compressor, Audio Effects...

Btw. the website wasn't made by myself. There is a team of developer behind freeDSP and I only joined them after they put already much stuff on the internet.

Here is now the updated/debugged/improved version of the PCB.  8)

Attachments

• DSC_0587.jpg
    DSC_0587.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 66
Hi,

finally the project is finished now. The final version is now online and can be downloaded via freeDSP.cc. some improvements on the input and output stages of the design have been introduced now.
I hope you will enjoy it.
Is there interest in a group buy of the PCB?

R.

Latest posts

Back