Neumann CMV5 output transformer ratio and VF14 schematic version as curio

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ln76d

Still didn't found answer - what's transformer ratio for standard EF12 version.
Anyone knows?
http://www.elektroakustika.cz/images/cmv/cmv5/cmv5ef12.jpg

Funny thing happened on the way to the ratio find!

I found schematic for CMV5 with , I don't know is it commonly known but always worth to paste here ;)
http://www.elektroakustika.cz/images/cmv/cmv5/cmv5vf14.jpg

There's a lot of other great materials on elektroakustika.cz!

The transformer GN107 has 6,7:1 ratio. This transformer is manufactured today only by Haufe  on special order, for Andreas Grosser, who is engaged in repair of old microphones. The transformer is a copy of the technical characteristics of old GN107.

Thanks o3misha!

I was suspecting 6-7:1 ratio, but do you know is this the same or similar to the EF12 version?
I didn't found schematic with EF12 which have transformer model written.

I know only the one GN107. I have no idea about EF12 version's transformer, but if it is GN107, then it is the same. I know also, that there is U47 version with EF12 tube. bV08 is close to GN107 ( almost the same ratio) but with a bit more clarity in high end and a bit less low end.

ln76d said:
Is there any existing schematic (original of course) of U47/EF12?

I believe the highly esteemed Wagner U47 uses the EF12.

Googling will give you quite a few schematics, but most are "inspired by" and such.

And the "real thing" was, in any case at some point, hidden under a veil of secrecy.
Some whispered only guys like Grosser and Wagner had it.
:-X

Anyway, I may have something for you, Piotr.  ;)

Yeah, i know Wagner version also tried with EF12 build 47 circuit but i would be happy if the original schematic will be existing and someone could share it :)

Question mark here, too.  ::)

Anyway, Andreas Grosser has lots of success with his VF14, drop in, alternatives.
And I believe Gunther Wagner more or less stopped making U47 clones altogether for lack of original parts (other than the tube).
Flea still uses the EF12, though.

I send it again.
No not really enthusiast  ;D
Sit on the balcony, drinking coffe absorb the sun :D

Back