Blue Bluebird XLR Wiring colors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnwitt

I've got a Bluebird microphone that has been damaged and the damage is that two of the three wires from the mic circuit card connector  to the XLR connector (which is housed in the bottom of the mic) have come loose.  The wire colors are gray, red and black.  The gray wire is connected to pin #2 which is supposedly the positive terminal according to the XLR standard. The black and red wires are broken off.  Pin #1 is grounded with a bare wire to the grounding tab of the connector which matches the XLR standard and I assume pin #3 is the negative terminal.  Would the red wire go to #3(negative) and the black wire go to #1 (ground)??  Does anyone have a bluebird they can check for me.  I've attached a photo of the connector.
Thank you in advance for all help.
Barry

Attachments

• Bluebird XLR.jpg
    Bluebird XLR.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 23
You have only two posibilities - so the best would be if you will find which point is ground on PCB. To spot ground tracks should be easy. Always you can use beeper on multimeter to check which trace is ground in reference to metal parts of the mic body.

Thanks for the reply In76d.  That's a good idea.  I know that one of the two wires has to be ground as you say so looking for the connection to the ground bus on the PCB makes sense.

I thought I would come back and let anyone reading this thread know what I found out on the Blue Bluebird microphone XLR wiring.  The black wire was indeed the ground wire for the microphone which goes to pin one on the left in the photo which in turn is bare wire connected to the grounding tab of the XLR connector at the bottom in the photo.  The red wire went to pin #3 (negative) at the top of the connector in the photo and the grey (or maybe light blue) was connected to the positive terminal #2 on the right in the photo  as mentioned in the original post.  All is good now.  Thank you In76d for steering me to identifying the ground trace on the PCB and then which wire in the mini push connector was on it.

Latest posts

Back