Jeanrenaud rotary switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

These were used in various Neve and SSL desks.  Here is an example as sold by Audio Maintenance:

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/IT-03-003_3d_200.jpg

The unit in the picture doesn't have the required poles/positions required for what I require to replace the ones on a Neve desk I'm working on.  C&K seems to have bought the Jeanrenaud line, but tells me that "MIL" series is discontinued and obsolete.

I'm curious if there are any distributor sources anywhere in the world that still has any stock.  I'm need 2 pole/9 position and 1 pole/11 position, both without the mounting bushing.

Bri

Hi Ian,

It is not.

Brian,

As far as I know  they are discontinued. What is on AML is until the stocks are exhausted.

Finding 1pole 11 position new is pretty much impossible. However, they are used on Amek BC2 and BC3 input channels and also Purepath CIBs. So, if you see any on e-bay just grab them.

But be very careful when removing. The pins do not stand up to much stress and come off very easily. I buggered up one even though I used the Hakko. I strongly recommend to go around the holes with a surgical scalpel. Luckily I had another one. 

I have a few  with different pole/position.  I'll check tomorrow.

Besides various Neve desks over the years, I most recently saw the same "family" of switches in a SSL 6K desk.

Yikes...a lot of high-end desks are going to be left high-and-dry!

In my current situation, the 36 input Neve 5116 desk has a LOT of those switches with all sorts of bad problems ranging from failure of the detents to crazy contact intermittents.  Sigh....looks like that desk has become eligible for the recycle bin!

Same deal with the obsolete Dialistat pushbuttons on both the Neve and SSL desks....

Tis sad to see what once were five and six figure machines becoming huge doorstops.

Bri

FEME manufactured mechanically compatible switches, but those may be obsolete as well.

These are what I've got.

From left to right.

Counting the start position.

4 position.
6 position
12 position.

Attachments

• jean_renaud.JPG
    jean_renaud.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 11
These are what I've got.

From left to right.

Counting the start position.

4 position.
6 position
12 position.
I know, this is an old post, but do you still have these switches? I’m especially interested in the 12 position switch.

Hi Murdock,
Unfortunately I do not have the 12 position. Only the four and 6 position.

However, I have a pair of these 12 positions if they are of interest.

1708634072360.jpeg

Back