Trump says he would like to 'hit' DNC speakers who disparaged him

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

u dont wanna miss this  8)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/index.html

So if we thought that "Axis of evil" was bad......

Seriously, anyone voting for this muppet needs to have their head examined.

The real question to answer is not how crass Trump is, but how is it that Clinton is so disliked by so many Americans and young women, that even someone like Trump can be neck and neck with her in the polls?

Trump is an easy target but to keep focussing on his bad manners is to miss the point.

It is obvious to me as an outsider, that Americans have lost trust in the current political system.  His speaking manner, off the cuff, unscripted, ad hoc and uncultured is a marker to many that he has not bought into the traditional political game, that is why it is thought of as a strength and not a weakness to so many Americans.

Americans value their freedom and the validity of their vote, the email revelations of the DNC where Sanders was sidelined is precisely the kind of manipulation they (and Sanders supporters) are protesting about, I don't doubt that exactly the same behind the scenes shenanigans took place in the GOP.

For the same reason, for Obama to say that Hillary is the most qualified for the job, is the kiss of death.  It translates as embedded with the despised political elites who have run the show up until now.

DaveP

DaveP said:
For the same reason, for Obama to say that Hillary is the most qualified for the job, is the kiss of death.  It translates as embedded with the despised political elites who have run the show up until now.
Absolutely, and is the reason why Trump is very popular, he is not part of that club.
He is a real thorn in the side of political ruleing elitist agenda, and if he wins, I hope he has his wits about him,
They will pull every dirty trick in the book to discredit or dispose of him.
As far as corruption goes, The Clinton Foundation is one of the worst examples, do your research ,the facts are there.

So we should burn it all down by voting for the most obvious sociopath?  I'm thinking too many people don't recognize a sociopath or understand the way they behave, otherwise they'd never dream he was on their side and wouldn't throw us under the bus at the first opportunity.  Displeasure with the system is a sorry reason to consider him.  More American Cowboy Hubris. 

DaveP said:
The real question to answer is not how crass Trump is, but how is it that Clinton is so disliked by so many Americans and young women, that even someone like Trump can be neck and neck with her in the polls?

Quite frankly I think a lot of people just don't find her trustworthy and likeable. I think that's probably a bigger issue for her than her policies. I think she's seen as a career politician with ties to big business and therefore responsibilities to them rather than the people. There's just something slightly unpleasant about her. Could even be a gender issue.

DaveP said:
It is obvious to me as an outsider, that Americans have lost trust in the current political system.  His speaking manner, off the cuff, unscripted, ad hoc and uncultured is a marker to many that he has not bought into the traditional political game, that is why it is thought of as a strength and not a weakness to so many Americans.

Americans value their freedom and the validity of their vote, the email revelations of the DNC where Sanders was sidelined is precisely the kind of manipulation they (and Sanders supporters) are protesting about, I don't doubt that exactly the same behind the scenes shenanigans took place in the GOP.

DaveP

Well I only sort of agree with the last statement. We have to remember that a lot of people don't really switch between parties from election to election, so Obama's support will be mostly significant for those Democrats who could've voted for a third party candidate to spite Hillary. At least that's what I think. I don't think voters that are on the edge will gravitate towards Trump because Obama supported Hillary. Hillary is clearly right of the political center if one views all political views and so she should be sufficient for those on the fence, the aforementioned caveats aside.

So we should burn it all down by voting for the most obvious sociopath?  I'm thinking too many people don't recognize a sociopath or understand the way they behave, otherwise they'd never dream he was on their side and wouldn't throw us under the bus at the first opportunity.  Displeasure with the system is a sorry reason to consider him.  More American Cowboy Hubris.
I really do sympathise Doug, you have a terrible choice this time around.

As Matt said
There's just something slightly unpleasant about her
  Of all the women in the US, why could there not have been someone more appealing?

If I was a democrat, I would have voted for Sanders as a protest vote against the system, although his politics are probably too left wing to be electable.  But I would have felt that I had voted for someone with integrity.

Regarding Trump, I don't know how he could put any of his ideas into practice.  Just giving a list of all the ills of society without showing how you are going to fix them does not appeal to my practical nature.  He may not be saying how because it would give too much info away to his enemies, or he simply has no idea?  I think I heard he intends to pay for the wall from a tax on payments sent to Mexico, who knows.  For a country with so much national debt, to say you are going too build up the military and look after veterans and still balance the books and fix everything, is wildly optimistic in a four year term.  Impracticality rings more alarm bells for me than his rhetoric.

DaveP

The big lie is that POTUS can actually create real sustainable jobs, at best they can do no harm and allow the economy to prosper, something not happening now.

NA-CL082_GDP_fr_9U_20160729182742.jpg

from http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-economy-grew-at-a-disappointing-1-2-in-2nd-quarter-1469795649

Hillary appears to be promising a 3rd Obama term but perhaps a little more hawkish than him, ignoring that Panetta got shouted down at the convention for just mentioning terrorism. Free college and other Bernie like promises will not unleash the economy, maybe unleash some millennial voters.

Trump is not a rocket scientist either but at least has better economic advice (ignoring his anti-free trade screed, same as democrats opposing TPP). His position regarding illegal immigration seems more sensible than open borders, while he is characterized by political spinners as being anti-all immigrants.

I am not opposed to blowing up the elite political establishment in DC. I blame them for us (and the world) being where we are now.  If we continue to do the same thing but expect a different result, we are clinically insane.

We desperately need tax reform to  stimulate business investment and unleash the greatest economy in the world.

JR 

PS: This thread is about Trump getting angry at Mike Bloomberg for back stabbing him at the democratic convention. Trump expected better from his fellow NYC billionaire (an independent IIRC). Speaking of independent, Bernie will return to the senate as an independent, so I guess pretending to be a democrat has outlived it's usefulness for him.  :eek:

PPS: Nobody rises to that level of politics and aspires to win the top job (POTUS), without having an ego large enough to fill a stadium.

Trump getting angry at Mike Bloomberg

some background

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/07/29/donald-trump-michael-bloomberg-exchange-attacks-serfaty-dnt-erin.cnn

DaveP said:

Thirty years of continual smears from the Right Wing Noise Machine will do that.

And too many people don't question the source of their news, nor the agenda behind it, nor whether what they are told is actually true. (This is true for all points on the political spectrum, but it's worth noting that Fox News has a significantly higher viewership than any such outlet on the left.)

-a

DaveP said:
Americans value their freedom and the validity of their vote, the email revelations of the DNC where Sanders was sidelined is precisely the kind of manipulation they (and Sanders supporters) are protesting about ...

Except that the DNC revelations were basically stupid musings and nothing actionable, and there is zero evidence that the DNC's "machinations" actually affected the voting. Nobody was disenfranchised by the un-acted-on ideas revealed in those e-mails. And that's as opposed to what happened in Maricopa County, Arizona, where a Republican county recorder decided to reduce the number of polling places from over 200 to about 60. That really made voting difficult, if not impossible, for many people. And, it should be noted that many of the areas that had their polling places eliminated were in Latino areas and native lands -- two of Clinton's strong areas. To put it in the kindest possible terms, Arizona Republicans are not known for being friends of the Clintons.

The "revelation" in those emails that seems to be the most damning was the one from Brad Marshall, one of the chief strategists. He wondered whether there was a way to get a voter in West Virginia or Kentucky to ask Bernie Sanders about his religious beliefs (he's basically an agnostic Jew). Why? Well, in the Bible Belt, they take their religion more seriously than say those on the coasts, and by religion, I mean specifically Protestant Christianity.

Now, Sanders has basically sidestepped any discussion of his beliefs. And that's fine, especially since his beliefs have never had any impact on his voting record or his agenda. But the DNC thinking actually makes sense: voters in that area care. Obviously, the way it was phrased was, "how can we use his beliefs agains him?" and that's pretty disgusting. But that is EXACTLY what GOP opposition research would consider, too, had Sanders been the Democratic nominee.

What I think makes that question remarkably tone-deaf for a Democratic campaign is the fact that while we're talking about the Bible Belt, Democrats there are obviously a lot less conservative about their religious beliefs than the Republicans, and they will not really care, as Thomas Jefferson once wrote: it does them no injury whether Sanders worships twenty gods or none; it neither picks their pocket nor breaks their leg.

I don't doubt that exactly the same behind the scenes shenanigans took place in the GOP.

I bet if we saw the RNC e-mails, they'd be overflowing with comments like "How in fuck do will kill this Trump thing?" Obviously the mainstream Republicans want nothing to do with Trump (see who showed up to speak at the Republican convention), and they're stuck with a candidate they abhor (but for reasons that are different from why Democrats hate Trump). There's an old saying, though, "You dance with them that brung ya," so now Republicans have a choice between hell and high water.

DaveP said:
Ah the old right wing conspiracy.  ;D

Older voters have plenty real history to judge Hillary by. Younger voters are more energized to support Bernie and see Hillary as the Bernie stopper. The fact that Hillary moved Debbie Wasserman Shultz to honorary chair of her campaign, shows how tone deaf she is to political appearances that the primary was rigged. No not the emails but super delegates and behind the scenes maneuvering.  That is mostly politics as usual. Just ugly to watch in broad daylight.
Trump is an easy target but to keep focussing on his bad manners is to miss the point.
He's a blowhard property developer but Obama was a community organizer so what?

So far Trump is kicking ass on social media, but he is about to run into the democratic legacy database. The democrats have collected a powerful database from the last several elections. I have been concerned about targeted social media where different messages can be narrow cast to different interest groups. The republicans are playing catch up and have a lot of work to do.

Trump was out-maneuvered a few times early in the primary process before catching on to the game at hand.  Again pretty much politics as practiced, but news to the outsider Trump.

DaveP
Obama's only chance to secure his legacy is to get Hillary elected. Hillary's only chance to get elected is get the same black and young vote that Obama won with. So they kind of need each other.

I am not smart enough to call the election, I am not dumb enough to bet against Trump. I did vote against him in the primary.

Less than 2 months until the October surprise... If the DNC emails were timed to disrupt the democratic convention a bigger reveal could be saved up to impact the election.

Perhaps some skeletons in Trump's tax return ( probably just that he isn't as wealthy as he pretends).  The Clinton foundation seems ripe for containing some damaging emails. (My speculation, but I am not alone in that speculation).

Interesting times.

JR

just spoke to a friend from Wyoming, where least populated state in US after Alaska,
he said, they will  all still vote for Trump, as they are Republicans (majority of the state)...
only reason they are voting for Trump, because, end of the election, their state aint gonna make any change in the final result.... and they all totally agree, how stupid Trump is! ( thats their word, btw)
(i dont wanna write exact words he used here  ;D ;D ;D )

edit: if they were game changer state, they would not vote for Trump... 
edit 2: (although he is not 100% sure on that)

My guess is that, like everywhere else, the new politicians taking the leader-roll are in fact an outcome of the previous leaders leadership… If the previous practical politics are way market based, true capitalism, the following leader tend lean more to the left and wise-versa. If the people feel that the previous leaders favored a certain group within the country the other groups tend to vote for someone taking their wishes into account the next time.

In sweden we have a saying: "People get the leaders they deserve" ( I know that I might be pissing against the wind here but we have the same situation in Sweden right now)

So all leader, in all branches, are responsible for being careful to have a balanced leadership to all their "foot-soldiers"

/John

I had a thought last night after beer o'clock... If Hillary is such a bad public speaker (self-admitted), how did she manage to earn $21.6 M in just under two years (2013-2015) giving (92) speeches, to the likes of Goldman Sachs (8 speeches to big banks alone netting $1.8M ).

Interesting,  one rider in her speech contract is $1,000 for a stenographer to record her speeches, so out there somewhere is a treasure trove of every word she uttered, if that hasn't been erased too.

This is just one way political influence is traded (probably not all that new).

It is instructive that the Clinton foundation is based in Canada to shield the identity of "donors".

======

I'm surprised the IRS hasn't "accidentally" leaked Trump's tax return. They are not above playing politics these days (illegally). If the IRS doesn't leak it maybe Russia or China will.  ::)

JR

PS: If Russia doesn't want Hillary to win, that is actually a ringing endorsement for her.  :eek:

This was an excellent article posted by living sounds above.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/30/what-do-donald-trump-voters-want-respect

It can be summed up by this quote from the 67 year old white guy.

“I am just disgusted with everything. Hillary is dishonest and Trump is a loose cannon.”

DaveP

Latest posts

Back