Soundcraft 200 BVE

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

Hey guys,

I have a little 8 channel broadcast version of one of these coming and I noticed there's mini faders beside the large channel fader.  The manual doesn't mention or show these at all - does anyone know what these are and what they do?

Soundcraft%20200BVE.jpg

Thanks!
Sig

Hmmmm this unit actually has a DB9 connector on the back - these are for the direct outs, unbalanced.  I wonder if that small fader is a direct out level perhaps?

Ahhhh so that D-type connector is in fact, not a direct out then...?  I was initially told it was...is there a way to modify it so that I can get direct outs?  This console only has the 4 buss outs otherwise.

Thanks!
Sig

Siegfried Meier said:
Ahhhh so that D-type connector is in fact, not a direct out then...?  I was initially told it was...is there a way to modify it so that I can get direct outs?  This console only has the 4 buss outs otherwise.

Thanks!
Sig
I designed the first BVE option, which has a 15-point D-sub. It looks like yours has the second version that eavesdrops directly on the digital protocol (ESAM2 IIRC) via a 9-pin D-sub.
It is quite easy to add direct outs to the 200B, using the signal that drives the pan-pot; the nominal operating level there is -2dBu.
You may take off all the digital guts and use th 9-pin for direct outs.
The BVE option was originally a retrofittable option; the VCA's were cascaded with the inserts, so no modification to the channel were needed. Reconnecting the rear-panel looms to the channel (instead of the BVE board) should return the mixer to its original 200B status.

Hello. Here Maciek
I saw Your post about mini faders in Soundcraft 200BVE - You asked about a direct outs, 9pin connector in the back of Soundcraft. Yesterday I bought the same console and I wonder if its possible in fact to make this 9PIN out to have directs from there with minifaders on the console. Did You solve this maybe? I will be very greatfull about ANY information about this - this is the only post I found in all the internet about this minifaders and directs. Thank You.

Latest posts

Back