Groupdiy Login with Alzheimer's disease

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Hi, just for information. Since Saturday I have to login  everytime I visit the forum. That's new. Is it just me? I am surfing on a Ipad2 with safari. Cheers Thorsten

I have informed Ethan for this but I am still having this "do you want to leave his page" pop up no matter how many times I delete all of the temporary internet files. Each time I delete it goes away and comes back again. I tried without logging on and it still does it. Sometimes I have to click three times to change page.

sahib said:
I have informed Ethan for this but I am still having this "do you want to leave his page" pop up no matter how many times I delete all of the temporary internet files. Each time I delete it goes away and comes back again. I tried without logging on and it still does it. Sometimes I have to click three times to change page.
What browser are you using?
Are you using any plugins or extensions?
Are you seeing the same issues with other browsers or just one in particular?

To the best of my recollection, there aren't any pages on GroupDIY where a confirmation pop up is generated for attempting to navigate away from a page.
Your issue sounded peculiar so I renamed GroupDIY's cookie (From "GroupDIY" to "GroupDIY.com"), hoping it might clear up the handful of weird issues you and a couple other members were experiencing.

For those having login issues, your browser may be confused about two different cookies having come from the same site, and is trying to use the old cookie repeatedly. The following should clear it up:
1) Quit and reopen your browser.
2) Do not go to GroupDIY--If you Have GroupDIY set as your homepage, you will have to change your homepage setting first, then repeat these steps.
3) Delete your GroupDIY cookie(s). If you're using Safari, go to: preferences > privacy > details >  search for GroupDIY, and remove  those.
4) Quit and relaunch your browser, and login to GroupDIY.com again.

Win7
1) FireFox 48.0.2, AdBlock Plus (free)
2) Chrome 52.0.2743.116 m, no known ext/plugs
Both:
Browser left open, login retained.
Close browser, reopen, login forgot.

Have not tried tossing my cookies. (Dog does enough of that.)

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Chrome version 52.0.2743.116 m

Same issue -

- open Chrome

- delete all groupdiy.com cookies

- open groupdiy.com and log in forever

- close chrome and reopen, then open groupdiy.com

- I have been logged out again

Same issue here - have to re login every time after re-opening firefox

Firefox 38.1.0
Linux 2.6.32 / Centos 6.6 / GNOME 2.28.2

Ethan said:
What browser are you using?

Internet explorer, Windows 8

Are you using any plugins or extensions?

No.

Are you seeing the same issues with other browsers or just one in particular?

Both on my desktop and laptop both of which on internet explorer /windows 8

To the best of my recollection, there aren't any pages on GroupDIY where a confirmation pop up is generated for attempting to navigate away from a page.
Your issue sounded peculiar so I renamed GroupDIY's cookie (From "GroupDIY" to "GroupDIY.com"), hoping it might clear up the handful of weird issues you and a couple other members were experiencing.
[/quote]

I have now cleared all the cookies and the lot. GroupDIY is not on my managed web sites list (no other sites either). However, I am using my laptop and the issue has gone away now.

This is crazy.

It started doing it again on my laptop. I have logged on from my wife's desktop PC which is running internet explorer on Windows 7 and it is doing again. Sometimes I have to click three times on the pop up. Screen print is attached.

Attachments

• screen_print.jpg
    screen_print.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 14
Sahib-- your "Do you want to leave" is common elsewhere on the web, though AFAIK not here. One possibility is a "trap script" which won't let you off a page until you agree to something (typically malware). So: is it only here, or other pages? Is it only you, or are other members seeing it here?

me> Win7
> 1) FireFox 48.0.2, AdBlock Plus (free)
> 2) Chrome 52.0.2743.116 m, no known ext/plugs
> Both:
> Browser left open, login retained.
> Close browser, reopen, login forgot.
> Have not tried tossing my cookies. (Dog does enough of that.)
>
> Tossed FireFox cookies.
> Still, closing the browser loses the logged-in state.

Possible fix?

Tossed cookies.(*)

Set AdBlock Plus "disabled for groupdiy.com"

Closed FireFox.

Opened FireFox. Tossed cookies.

Closed FireFox.

Opened FireFox, went here. NOW it remembers me.

However I did not have this problem before about the 29th. What changed?

(*) To toss FireFox cookies: Alt-T (Tools menu), Options, Privacy. In History, set "FireFox will" "Use custom settings for history". Now you have, down right, a button to "show cookies". Gives you a "long!" list. Scroll down to "groupdiy.com" cookies. Select them all. At the bottom, click button "Remove selected". They go away. Now close FireFox.

Back