Groupdiy Login with Alzheimer's disease

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sahib:
I was just getting ready to PM you about your issue, but it looks like PRR touched on what I suspected. I wanted to rule out other possibilities by resetting our cookie name, clearing all active sessions, etc. Since there isn't any page on GroupDIY that triggers those pop-ups, it could be that you may have been infected with some kind of malicious script. If you have the same symptoms on more than one computer, it is possible that it's propagating through your local network. Have you run a virus scan? Do you have a firewall where you can monitor every inbound/outbound connection?

PRR>>However I did not have this problem before about the 29th. What changed?
It was partially in response to Sahib's strange issue (don't blame him! ;)), I was trying to rule out possibilities server-side.
I *thought* most browsers would handle the cookie-name change elegantly, but I was wrong.
Today, I made some updates so that user sessions don't strictly rely on the cookie. Instead, session data is written to the database. It should be more reliable, although it's more resource intensive since every page load will require at least one additional round trip to the db to validate a user's session.
So, as of this moment, I *believe* the login issue is fixed.

PRR said:
Sahib-- your "Do you want to leave" is common elsewhere on the web, though AFAIK not here. One possibility is a "trap script" which won't let you off a page until you agree to something (typically malware). So: is it only here, or other pages? Is it only you, or are other members seeing it here?

Thank you PRR.

It did it only on GroupDIY.

I have not done any of what you adviced. It was doing it during the day but I have just logged on now and it seems to have stopped. I did not touch anything.

Very strange.

Latest posts

Back