Chinese BM700/800 Mic Screws

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homero.leal

Hi Guys,

Could somebody help me to identify the spec for the BM700/800 screws? Or better, share a link where I could buy some?

On this mics, the screws which hold the PCB, the head basket and the capsule holder, are commonly the same. These are the ones I'm looking for.

Thank you in advance for you help, and sorry for so intranscendental question.

Best regards!

HL

I had just taken one of my BM800s apart to see how i could mount the groupbuy capsule saddles, and i was pleasantly surprised to see pre-drilled holes for those :)

More to the point, the PCB mounting screws seem to be M2.5 (2.5mm metric machine screws), with countersunk heads.

Something like these: http://www.boltbase.co.uk/m25-pozi-countersunk.html

Although the 4mm minimum length might be a bit much, if you intend to use PCB's on both sides of the internal frame.
Then again, going for some longer screws and using doubled-up nuts to hold down the other-side PCB could also be an option :)

EDIT: I double-checked, the stock screws seem to be 4mm (threaded length) too. As a bonus, a second 4mm screw fits in just enough from the other side, to securely clamp down a second PCB, by the time its tip reaches the other screw tip (in the same hole) ;D

I was just thinking that you might be from the other side of the pond, and might have a better source than a british supplier :D

Yeah, that looks like just the thing. You might want to contact them first though, just to make sure that "flathead" is indeed the countersunk type, as in the drawing on the page. Better safe than sorry, y'know? ;)

Good advice!

I'll call them... thank you again!

I have lost several of them, and it's frustrarting when you have to use glue or something else to set tings in place. But now, the issue is solved!

Best regards!

HL

It's like in woodworking - measure twice, cut once :D

Glad to be able to help, though ;)

Speaking of the BM800's - i was thinking of sticking some K47's into two of mine.

To get the capsule placement a bit closer to the U47 / FET47, the capsule should be considerably closer to the top of the headbasket, right? I was thinking of getting some slightly longer screws, and sticking in a few spacing washers between the saddle and the baseplate...

Khron said:
EDIT: I double-checked, the stock screws seem to be 4mm (threaded length) too.
Then it's probably a 2.5x5, because the norm says that the length in the designation is the length including the head for c'sunk screws. For non c'sunk screws, the length in the designation is the length of the threaded part, excluding the head.

I'm too much of a cheapskate to pay 4$ plus overseas shipping for something as simple as that ;D

And besides, 8mm is a bit too much, i think, for this body / headbasket...

homero.leal said:
Have you had a look to this item from Chunger?

http://store.studio939.com/product/microphone-capsule-spacer

I bought one of these for a U87 build, and they work fine.

Maybe, i you have 3d design skills and a 3d printer available,you  could make your own. Shape is very simple...

Regards!

Thanks for clearing that up :)

abbey road d enfer said:
Khron said:
EDIT: I double-checked, the stock screws seem to be 4mm (threaded length) too.
Then it's probably a 2.5x5, because the norm says that the length in the designation is the length including the head for c'sunk screws. For non c'sunk screws, the length in the designation is the length of the threaded part, excluding the head.

Latest posts

Back