Hypex amplifiers and Samson products

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radardoug

Has anyone used Hypex amplifiers, or dealt with them? I have a Samson Expedition mixer amplifier on the bench at the moment, the amplifiers are not working, but I suspect it is because the Hypex power supply will not allow them to turn on. Hypex customer support will not supply information, and I have a block diagram from Samson, but nothing else.

They are class D switching amps so obvious suspect is a power switching device.

I would expect hypex (Bruno Putzey) to be helpful but perhaps for oem modules they expect sampson to help you.

JR

As I said, I think the modules are OK, its the power supply that controls them. Neither outfit will supply schematics. I have some diagrams from Samson.  You would think Hypex would be more open, they are trying to sell modules on the open market.

Hypex makes and sells power supplies too, are they Hypex PS or Sampson PS?

Shorted output device(s) could force a good  PS into current limit protection.

JR

Umm, John, you have not read the posts properly! Both are Hypex. I have measured one modules output devices, they are fine. No signs of burn. Unit tested with one module at a time. The modules have a 'DC Fault' output, and an 'On/off' line. No details on what the logic is for these lines, but the fault out is apparently open collector and is paralleled between modules, and is sitting at 15 volts so it would imply no dc fault.

Latest posts

Back