Russel Technologies Schoeps PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wordsushi

After going through lots of different types of mics, I've grown to prefer transformerless mics for my job  (I'm a VO artist and I like the sensitivity and faster transient response for what I do) and have been enjoying tinkering with the schoeps circuit variations found in your typical Apex 435/Chinese mic. I was looking to build a Schoeps circuit on a PCB and after seeing that Poctop unfortunately didn't offer one, I stumbled across the Russell Technologies site.

http://russelltechnologies.co.uk/rt-sm01.html

Given my total noob-ness in these matters, I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with the Russell Technologies boards and/or if anyone has an opinion on them.

With shipping to the US, it cost me about $21 for the circuit and the bias boards so I figured that was a very affordable way to get my hands dirty learning more about what makes Schoeps tick and how to tune it for my personal needs.

Thoughts?

Buy chinese condenser (type like you mentioned above), desolder all components and you have schoeps style PCB which fit exact body. Russel version is for electret capsules only.

ln76d said:
Buy chinese condenser (type like you mentioned above), desolder all components and you have schoeps style PCB which fit exact body. Russel version is for electret capsules only.

I hear ya. I've been doing a lot of that so I'm looking for a slightly different adventure and wanted to try building one with a brand-new, clean board since I already have a few donor bodies lying around. He actually has a bias board that pair with this one to power regular condenser capsules so I'm going to do the two together for a particular Franken-mic I've been messing with for some while before I get around to building a Poctop FET847.  I hadn't seen any posts on the Russell Tech PCBs so I figured I'd ask.

Latest posts

Back