Hairball 1176 rack REV A Question / possible problem.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccommon

Hey guys ,

I picked up a Hairball rev a rack kit used, and it show up great , no problem there.  I did the build , no problems there .
The unit powered up great , voltages are spot on , and It Cal'd with no problem .

The unit sounds great ! no real noise , and seemingly no issues at all .

The one think I Notice  is that its got a Lot! of gain . I know the Rev A's are 5-6 DB " hotter "  so i just wanted to conirm that its acting normal .

I have it on a  guitar at the moment , and the Input at a little bit over "48" , and the output at in between 24 and 18, Im getting a reduction of about -3 to almost -7Db.  at 4:1

does that at all sound about right ? 

let me know your thoughts

thanks

-Chris

ccommon said:
Hey guys ,

I picked up a Hairball rev a rack kit used, and it show up great , no problem there.  I did the build , no problems there .
The unit powered up great , voltages are spot on , and It Cal'd with no problem .

The unit sounds great ! no real noise , and seemingly no issues at all .

The one think I Notice  is that its got a Lot! of gain . I know the Rev A's are 5-6 DB " hotter "  so i just wanted to conirm that its acting normal .

I have it on a  guitar at the moment , and the Input at a little bit over "48" , and the output at in between 24 and 18, Im getting a reduction of about -3 to almost -7Db.  at 4:1

does that at all sound about right ? 

let me know your thoughts

thanks

-Chris

Please use the official support thread.

No way of knowing if it's correct without knowing the input level coming in. The 4:1 has the lowest threshold. Doesn't seem off if the level is on the hot side.

Mike

Hairball Audio said:
Please use the official support thread.

No way of knowing if it's correct without knowing the input level coming in. The 4:1 has the lowest threshold. Doesn't seem off if the level is on the hot side.

Mike

sorry , next time I will use the correct thread...

its on a guitar , out of protools ( -6.5 db ) on the PT " VU" 

not sure if that helps..

can I move this thread to the correct one ?

ccommon said:
sorry , next time I will use the correct thread...

its on a guitar , out of protools ( -6.5 db ) on the PT " VU" 

not sure if that helps..

can I move this thread to the correct one ?

Just post any follow up to the correct thread.

I think you unit is fine though. You can double check your calibration if anything.

Latest posts

Back