Reviews for the black market?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seeker

I feel like there was something like this a long time ago, but maybe not? seems like it'd be nice to have something like this just to know someone is trustworthy... I've never had an issue, but it occasionally does make me nervous sending hundreds of $ half way around the globe. 

Anyone else think this would be a good feature?

Also, I just bought a few things recently, and this post was not brought on by you guys, just something that was rolling around in my head... :)

For those who haven't noticed Ethan has been busy for while now with site upgrades.

A review "feature" is unlikely to make it to his short list, but you can always ask. 

You can already make posts to threads in the BM so you could post there or maybe even add a liked/didn't like poll.

JR

PS: You can probably look at a poster's profile to see how long (s)he has been a member  and how active (s)he is.

Ditto on what John said.
Many improvements are on the way (albeit taking longer than I had hoped).
@seeker: Thanks for the suggestion. An easy way to leave feedback for member-to-member transactions is on the 'new feature request' list but it probably won't be in the first roll out of pending updates. Previously, we tried asking members to pay $1.00 to list in the black market, with the ability to leave feedback based on that transaction. The benefit of this was that the lister's PayPal account was recorded, their post was associated with a transaction, for which feedback could be left.  Additionally, a dispute could be filed with that PayPal address. I had hoped that doing so would make the seller feel  more responsible, regardless of how PayPal decided to respond to a subsequent dispute, but it elicited some passionate objections from some members.

No worries Ethan, I love this forum and I appreciate the work that goes into maintaining it.  Thanks for doing what you do!

Back