GSSL: Devil in the details

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Sorry to post yet another ssl thread, but I couldn't find this info in the others.

I've got both boards mostly buil but there are a few details I'm unsure of:

1. There are two resistors right next to the 5534's that are marked 1K*. Why is there the asteric? I used 2K instead....do I need to unsolder those and replace with 1K resistors?

2. Off board transformer mounting: Ack, which wires go where? Also, the pcb says that if you're mounting off-board, you should add an extra bridge rectifier (I think that's what it is). I've been checking out pictures of completed SSLs with off-board transformers, but don't see any with a second bridge rectifier. What am I missing?

3. On/Off and Bypass switches: The pcb layout shows how to mount all that on ONE switch instead of 2. I think everyone used 2 switches (or buttons).....how did you wire them?

4. What kind of fuses should I get to go with the IEC (digikey Q201-ND) ? The spec sheet suggests 5x20mm, but I don't know which of those I ought to get.

I think that's it. I'm sure when I find out the answers to these things I'll realize it was obvious...

1 - as mentioned a couple of times, the 1k* is a note-to-self from design phase. 1K it is - 2k may work fine as well, but on your own responsibility.

2 - see the schematic

3 - for bypass, you'll need to disconnect the sidechain signal as well as the makeup gain. Thus the two switches.

4 - see the specification of your fuse socket manufacturer...

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back