B&K Model 3050 Signal Generator

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustartist

I just got a B&K 3050 analog signal generator. It's a few years old, but clean. Just does sine and square waves 20Hz to 200kHz. Anyone have any experience with this model? Is it a keeper?

Absolute rubbish - in fact you will probably be charged to dump it

By far the cheapest method of disposing of it - is to go to UPS and send it to me for throwing away

e7_1_b.JPG

Looks exactly like my "Leader" oscillator...

Definitely worth having in your lab...

Jakob E.

kungfugeek,

Don`t search for a signal generator on the web, you get mostley answer for a RF-generator. (usable in the high frequency region)
Search for a audio oscillator and you get a lot of them on the web.

There are a plenty of the old Hewelett & Packard 200 AB/CD series tube audio oscillator, and you can get very cheep on e-bay, this is a great work horse that will continue to survive the mostley of the other audio oscillators. (as it already have done since the 1960`s)

But Eico, Heathkit, Leader, Tech, Trio and many other brands is very nice for hobby use.

-Bo

kungfugeek,

Your avatar is a little too big - the max recommended size for this forum is 60x60 pixels.

Could you fix that?

The reason is that it takes a whole lot of screen real-estate when the forum software resizes the complete avatar coloumn whenever you participate.. :)

Jakob E.

Back