Smart People: How can I add intermediate ratios to the SSL?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan

Administrator
Admin
In true DIY sluttiness, I figure I have a few projects I'm currently working on, so I need to take on another :grin:

I've just started looking at the SSL, and I'm wondering how I might add 6:1, and 8:1 ratios? Currently, the selections are 2, 4, and 10.

http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl_sch.gif
As always, thanks!

Werl...

There's not much netween 8:1 and 10:1, but it can be done with some scaling of the resistors. Don't forget that the SSL also varies the threshold with ratio setting, so that would complicate it, but basically it's just a question of scaling.

Keith

Hi Keith,

I was refering to 6:1 and 8:1. The SSL only seems to have 2, 4, and 10. I wanted to fill in the gap between 4 and 10, with a 6 and 8.
but basically it's just a question of scaling
Yeah, that much I gathered...but it's the how that I don't have the mental candle power to do... :cry:

[quote author="SSLtech"]I'll give it some thought.[/quote]

Better you, than me!
Senior Keef, I would be truely grateful (as always, and once again...)

I once used an SSL5000 console hich had a slightly different version of the 4000 mix compressor. i think it was a 502 module. This had as i remember 1.5/2/3/4/6/10 :1 ratios. As I recall, it sounded prety much the same. i have been trying to locate a schemo to ascertain if it is a variation of out favourite wee beastie. Anyone have a schemo?

I'll keep looking!

Andy p

Back