GSSL clone threshold problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super5-56

Hi everybody and thanks for a great place!

I´m about to finish my first DIY project, and except for a bug with the threshold control and a minor ground hum, I´m quite happy with myself':grin:'

The problem is that the threshold control doesn´t affect the signal at all. The unit is compressing very nice, but the compression is starting when I feed 0.1v into it and when I reach nominal level at .775v I can barely recognize the input signal anymore. I have read about every post around here, and have tried to swap VCA´s, 072 and 074 without any sucsess. The values at the Threshold pot are like they´re supposed to be, and all the power rails show decent values(+15.2, -15.2, +11.97, -12.21).
I have also measured a lot of resistors and looked all over the PCB´s with magnifying-glass for shorts or cold joints but I haven´t had sucsess so far.
So... any bright ideas at where to look?

thanks
/kjtl

Hi Super

I found two solder bridges on my pcb by using the continuity tester on my multimeter. I tried using a magnifying glass first but everything looked ok. Use your MM along with the pcb layout and you should be able to find any solder bridges that may exist.

John D

Latest posts

Back