4 deck pot?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nacho459

Does anyone know of a good four deck/pole pot? I want a pot that I can attenuate a stereo set of balanced +4 signals with. So I basically need four pots stacked on top of each other.

is this for a passive monitor controller?

if so you could go with Elma type 04 24 position switches ( the come in any number of decks....

4 decks.. so 2 stereo signals?

[quote author="quadwould"]is this for a passive monitor controller?[/quote]

Yes

[quote author="quadwould"]4 decks.. so 2 stereo signals?[/quote]

No, one stereo, balanced signal.

in Mouser and Newark, there are gangable(stackable) Bourns series 56 ans series 50 pots. both series are available in 10K which is most recommended.

i took a peak in my Central Station.. it uses an Alpha 10k 4 deck pot, but i cannot find anything online about these.......

it sounds pretty good, personally i am looking for something really high end, and have had to abandon pots and head for stepped attenuators like Elma 24 positions, and the PCBs from GoldPoint.

thats all i can find so far

Omeg, UK will make them - but quantities are 25+

I think Peter Simonsen has some multiple-deck motor-controlled ALPS's for sale at his webpage (for remote controlling)

Jakob E.

Some people want a cheep monitor selector / control. I figured with a couple 4P3T Lorlin switches and a 4P pot you could build a passive, balanced one for a couple of bucks. The expensive part would be the chassis, connectors, and cool looking knobs. I built a similar type selector inside my mixer, but it's all unbalanced with really short runs to the speakers.

check this Alps... might be what you are looking for... though its 50K.. the quad one of course...

LINK REMOVED

[quote author="quadwould"]check this Alps... might be what you are looking for... though its 50K.. the quad one of course...
here[/quote]

"your session has timed out.."

Jakob E.

at Alps.com

go to Pots,

Metal Shaft,

and there are two i see there...

the 50mm size one RK50, and the 9mm RK097/RK098.

sorry for the dodgy link.. it has been removed

Latest posts

Back