looking for some transformer information help!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

I been look but can't find any info on the net. hoping there might be.
The schematic has the treansformers listed as
e-3036 and from looking at the schematic is a power trafo.

is the primary is connecting to a 5y3 tube pins 4 and 6. secondary winding on the same trafo is connecting to pin 2 and a second trafo which goes before the speaker. Lastly connects secondary #2 also feeds 6.3V lamp for power light I am thinking.

Trafo 2 is a 2640 as per schematic. and connects between a power tube and the speaker. One lead is connected to pin 3 of a 6v6 and the other lead is connected to the first trafo.

why do you have a fever and the only perscription is more cowbell? :green:

here is the schemo in question
traffo e-3036 and 2640

ampschematic.jpg

Do you want to replace the transformers in an existing Valco with fried iron, build a DIY version, etc?

In any case, you can find a zilion replacement transformers for that circuit, depending on how much money you want to spend.

I have been hearing good things about the Mercury output iron, but it is very expensive. If you want cheap, you could look at www.tubesandmore.com or maybe some other place like Angela Instruments or New Sensor, if they are still around. I used a cheap output in a champ circuit and it sounds fine.

Or do you just want specs for those transformers?

[quote author="CJ"]Do you want to replace the transformers in an existing Valco with fried iron, build a DIY version, etc?
Or do you just want specs for those transformers?[/quote]

Eventually will be DIY an amp similar to this as this is close to a supro. It's for my buddy who plays guitar and he is having me help him with building it. But will be adding a few things such as a tone stack with bass and treb As well as a FX loop that can be switchable to pre/post tone stack. I was at that site and got what I needed. but thanks man :thumb: :guinness: :guinness: :guinness:

Latest posts

Back