phono preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tall_phill

So I've been thinking about building a new phono preamp for a while, and was prompted into serious thinking by a friend who also wants to build one.

In the spirit of a little bit of over kill never did any harm (other than to the wallet), I remembered the phono amp in the John Hardy 990 Application Notes (http://www.johnhardyco.com/pdf/990.pdf).

Has anyone actually built one of these?
Or have any suggestions regarding the schematic?

Since it is also an incredibly simple circuit, I thought it would be a good start to doing my own pcb layouts. With that in mind, does anyone have any suggestion about doing that in general, and in particular the choice of caps (poly, electro, etc)?

Thanks

Phillip

welcome

a local :green:

not the phono version be there are a few here that have dabbled with this style of gain unit.

Just before you leap in
what turntable and cartridge are you using ?

Turntable is a Thorens TD160B MK II
SME 3009 Tone arm
Amber Cartridge. Im not exactly sure what model it is, but judging from how much I paid for its probably the 'Leda'.

Indeed a local. Ive noticed there seem to be rather a lot of people from melbourne on the board. Is there something other than flouride in the water?

Latest posts

Back