DIY Tube Mic project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people just like the physical shape of the glass envelope of vacuum-tubes, along with the soft, warm glow that emanates from within them!!! What's there -- NOT -- to love about vacuum-tubes.....despite all of their inefficiencies???
Inefficiencies ??? could you be more precise please ?

What he said.....especially about the etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., part!!!

/
I understood what you said from the begining but I wanted you to be more clear...
BTW why write your arguments in bold ?
Your style is a bit agressive for me - my POV -

PS : if you don't like tubes that's your right, but don't disgust others. Thank you

I understood what you said from the begining but I wanted you to be more clear...
BTW why write your arguments in bold ?
Your style is a bit agressive for me - my POV -

PS : if you don't like tubes that's your right, but don't disgust others. Thank you
[if you don't like tubes that's your right, but don't disgust others] -- YOU'VE GOT BOTH ME AND MY ATTITUDE ALL COMPLETELY WRONG, Buddy!!! -- >> I LOVE VACUUM-TUBES!!! << and actually prefer them to all of the new-fangled digital stuff!!! I've got vacuum-tubed audio amplifiers in my radio-production studio, some old vacuum-tube preamps and I've even still got an old vacuum-tube AM-transmitter that some guy had built for me back in the late-60's!!! So.....calm down, OK???

/

@MidnightArrakis
Your description of valves/tubes strangely reminds me of my woman:
Some people just like the physical shape
Even her inner being: along with the soft, warm glow that emanates from within
Absolutely right: “What's there -- NOT -- to love about her”

Yes I’m sure there’s better out there “....despite all of her inefficiencies???”

(She allways gets lost even with Google maps).

But just like a good Fender Twin or a Marshall JCM 900... there’s something about Her, that I cannot clearly identify or quantify and I just love it. I rather stick with Her (valves) I would miss Her if She was not around. 😉
M

PS: Gentlemen take it easy, Text messages, e-mails and GDIY posts DO NOT transmit accurately our real human emotions & personalities. Don’t get too offended please.

Last edited:
[if you don't like tubes that's your right, but don't disgust others] -- YOU'VE GOT BOTH ME AND MY ATTITUDE ALL COMPLETELY WRONG, Buddy!!! -- >> I LOVE VACUUM-TUBES!!! << and actually prefer them to all of the new-fangled digital stuff!!! I've got vacuum-tubed audio amplifiers in my radio-production studio, some old vacuum-tube preamps and I've even still got an old vacuum-tube AM-transmitter that some guy had built for me back in the late-60's!!! So.....calm down, OK???

/
Ok english is not my native language so I thought you came in "sarcastic"...

Latest posts

Back