Dropped Audeze LCD-X headphones.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beeswax

I've dropped my beloved headphones and the left side is dead. Without any audio playing I can hear a rattle when I put them on and tap the headphone. I've tried switching the wire to the good side and no dice. Is there any DIY solution here or is the driver damaged for good? There's one teardown video on youtube but it's in Indonesian and I'm not seeing the guts of the driver. Anyone know what's inside and what to look for if I do a teardown? So bummed.

The driver must be loose and hopefully not destructively pressed against something. Are they under warranty?
You gots to get in there and find the issue. It may be a case where extra reinforcement is needed and you do the same on the other side.
In any language, a quality resolution teardown should show enough, only the nuances explained verbally will be lost.
That's some fancy-pants headphones! I would get 4 spare drivers anyway they'll last forever, or until you get an implant. They should provide a blow-out parts list to their customers. Drivers should only be $500 each, yikes!
Someone gave a friend a limited edition FOCAL set. OF COURSE one of the drivers blew. No replacement drivers available, no factory service, total punks.
Mike

I bought them used on Reverb so unsure of warranty status at this time - looking into it. Where are you finding replacement drivers for these online? In this teardown video it looks like a torn membrane but can't tell really how to go about the repair. Jump to minute 31 to see the example.

Back