Good morning from France

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WingedFuse

Hi and thank you for welcoming me in your amazing community!

I am a flight test technician and work with all types of sensors and data acquisition equipments you can find on an aircraft.
On my spare I do a lot of 3D printing and enjoy some music :)

I found this forum by looking for informations to build my own binaural microphone (a bit like a Neumann KU100 but cheaper :D) to record various sounds and live music. If you want to be part of the team, mp me!

WingedFuse

I'll answer in english since everybody understands it, but yes, been in love with aeronautics since I was born :) my grand father was a mechanics for Air Canada in Winnipeg and Montreal, Super Constellation era ! I went on to be a sound engineer but I collect old planes gauges and wish I could fly more often ! Things have changed a lot, obv, but the magics of flying and the dreams and adventures that comes along with it will always be the same :)

I'll answer in english since everybody understands it, but yes, been in love with aeronautics since I was born :) my grand father was a mechanics for Air Canada in Winnipeg and Montreal, Super Constellation era ! I went on to be a sound engineer but I collect old planes gauges and wish I could fly more often ! Things have changed a lot, obv, but the magics of flying and the dreams and adventures that comes along with it will always be the same :)

That's a cool story! The Super Constellation was an amazing aircraft, your grandfather must have experienced incredible things in his job!
I went to Montreal shortly in February with the plane I am working on, I love the city and will definitely come back there to visit!

If you are interested as a sound engineer, the acoustic is a very important part when making a new aircraft. There is some open source documentation about it:
https://www.sto.nato.int/publications/STO Meeting Proceedings/RTO-MP-AVT-110/MP-AVT-110-18.pdf

Latest posts

Back