Help with pickup configuration stuff.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kshitij

Heyy y’all, hope you’re well.
I am modifying an Ibanez AZES40, and want to add a tone knob to it to enhance the control over the currently provided sound. I also wanted to re-wire it to a configuration giving me 10 options rather than the 9. I am not aware if this is the right forum to ask about this, I thought pickups and magnetics so might as well ask; if not let me know where I should ask on about this.

So the way that they come, is that it’s an HSS with the humbucker having a split coil option, adding an image below.IMG_0115.jpeg

The first mod is to have in the bridge position the coil split engaged and the farthest single coil in the humbucker being engaged. The next mod would be adding a tone control to the pre-existing master volume and master tone. This would allow in situation 1 to have one tone knob for neck and middle and one for bridge(split coil); and in situation 2 to have tone knob A to control the neck and middle pickup in their hum-bucking configuration, and tone knob B to control the bridge in its split coil and hum-bucking configuration; this would give more access to tone shaping. The kink although, is that the only wiring diagram I could find is apparently outdated; and instead of the 9pin on-on “alter” switch; they now use a 6 pin on-on. This is where I am stuck and can’t go further.
Have attached all docs here. Thanks a ton :)

IMG_0115.jpeg
1708373864857.png

Back