MEQ-5 Mid Cut switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakewood

GDIY Supporter
Hey!

Does anyone has a tip where to get the 2 Pole 12 Position switch for the mid frequency dip? Lorlin just has 1 Pole 12 Position or 2 Pole 6 Position...

I want to design a filter pcb for the Gyraf MEQ...

Kind regards from Austria, Leo

Attachments

• IMG_7058.jpeg
    IMG_7058.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 0
@Lakewood :

For bypass, the easiest way would probably be to have a triple-switch that simply disconnects the viper/center-terminal of all three pots

Another option would be to put in a (10K?) potentiometer between input and output, set this to the same gain as "filter when inactive", then switch between these. > If you bring this pot out to frontpanel, it would be helpful for listening back "in level" to judge the effect of what you are doing (I have this "trim" on all my commercial eq's for the same reason)

/Jakob E.

@beatnik - can you buy the commutatore.com switches in small numbers - if so, where and how?

/Jakob E.
You can buy directly from them even in single pieces. Just contact by email they are a helpful bunch.
I would assume someone speaks English in the customer service department, but if you need a hand just let me know.

Hey! Just wanted to give you some more info about the G.Milani switches! I ordered one for the MEQ PCB project: Build quality is super nice! The switch did cost me about 40€!

It is a 2 pole 11 positions switch

Here are some more pictures and a PCB layout i drawed:

Attachments

• 73972-cf2844a334cf2e06740222cd4bd2d36b.pdf
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7166.jpeg
    IMG_7166.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7167.jpeg
    IMG_7167.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7168.jpeg