Mod help needed - Tascam UH 7000 Power Supply [EU]

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandG

Im looking to fix some of the issues that comes with the audio interface "Tascam UH 7000" switching power supply. Instructions based from another forum:

"
There are 2 things you can do to the provided supply if you know your way around some solderingtools. Lift the blue capacitor near to the rectifierdiode on the output side. Solder it in paralell with the electrolytic cap instead. This will remove all the "groups" of noise in the spectrum except the top one. To move the last piece of the problem away, replace the 7 pin switch regulator with the 100KHz version. (You can buy them on ebay). They are called A6259H."

I have the A6259H regulator chip aswell as the unit (I can unmount the power supply from the case for easier handling/shipping) but I lack soldering tools or knownledge to the mod described above, anyone in EU that I can send the power supply over to alongside the chip and have the mod performed for labor cost?

Thanks in advance!

Back