My polymoog battle.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sameal

So i have a polymoog that ive been chasing gremlins out of for awhile now. And im about at my wits end.

Symptoms:

- theres background noise on the outputs, both mix and direct, that i cant seem to get rid off. The front panel fine tune beat knob will effect this noise.

( ive read that this symptom is inherent to this synth and cant be removed, but i honestly don't believe that.)

- two of the keys at least are dead at the high end of the board. Ive already moved the cards around to other positions to the same results, so the cards are probably not the problem.

- the vcf section on/off buttons, the off button simply wont trigger even after cleaning. The var button from this same section wont trigger.

That's really about it.

Ive replaced the l.e.d.s hoping that would do something, but beyond taking a load off the power supply and looking cool, didnt change anything.

Ive heard the opamp sockets, and resistor array sockets become a problem, and i have machined pin sockets to replace them with, but honestly ive never experienced this problem and im kinda skeptical. Anyone replace them and see a difference?

Thanks ahead for any tips.

(I got the whole tool kit over here now except a cap meter, so suggest away.)

Latest posts

Back