Neumann TLM103 small pcb on the xlr connector.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new ones, have FR4 instead of ceramic, and the circuit is not located under capsule, but in the body. I think mine is the middle version, which for some reason has an op amp, OP184 in it and alot of red gunk all over the top part of the circuit.

Bottom part has a CD40106 instead of the MM74 hex...

Really? I don't install either in my mics.
Many times I get beautiful sounds with different nuances, flavors, and I can't decide which one will stay permanently. Then I use internal switches, in case I need them in different scenarios.
For example I like U87 from AI to almost U67fet.Or in the case of kingkorg's Perception mod, I like more settings, it depends on the recording source

The new ones, have FR4 instead of ceramic, and the circuit is not located under capsule, but in the body. I think mine is the middle version, which for some reason has an op amp, OP184 in it and alot of red gunk all over the top part of the circuit.

Bottom part has a CD40106 instead of the MM74 hex...

The profits have spoken...

Hahahaha, the newest ones. The HZA electrolytics, maybe these? Hybrid polymer....Idk what that means.

Not polymers - the value / series / datecode markings are on the wrong rows.

More likely those are Nippon Chemi-Con MZA series, "normal" electrolytics, 47uF 50V ("H" = 50V).
https://www.mouser.fi/datasheet/2/420/MZARA_e-3313784.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_capacitor
That uber-low ESR (and associated higher price) is not warranted in this sort of usage case.

Wait!
I found another one, it is similar but drawn differently. Only the audio part and no switches or dc/dc converter

Do Q5/Q6 have to be selected in this circuit? They’re both 2N5457 supposedly. IIRC, the upper (cascoding) jfet should have higher Idss, so seems unusual to have two jfets of the same type.

Do Q5/Q6 have to be selected in this circuit? They’re both 2N5457 supposedly. IIRC, the upper (cascoding) jfet should have higher Idss, so seems unusual to have two jfets of the same type.
The two jFETs need not have the same Idss, but still need to be small
I used for the first between 1..2 and for the second between 2..5 mA. I tested several combinations, I used a handmade socket, from half sockets for the operational circuit
The circuit works great!

Attachments

• 75668-acd30b70754e93534e40e65aa9837e64.jpeg
    75668-acd30b70754e93534e40e65aa9837e64.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_2024-03-15-16-19-12-376_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-15-16-19-12-376_com.miui.gallery.jpg
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back