Small Plate Reverb

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmp

A small plate reverb
Seems inspired by the EMT240
A pretty cool accomplishment - but does it sound right? Wonder what the plate thickness is?
I have no idea how the 240 had a .02mm thick plate.
24 carat gold too (why?)

Thats cool. Certainly interesting to know what you could do with smaller plate reverbs. My intuition tells me the decay would drop off at a steeper rate. Size = longer RT60? (That may be the wrong terminology)

My Ecoplate 3 is 3-4 times less surface area than my 1. Good for shorter reverbs, the 1 better for longer reverbs. The 3 will basically do a chorus sound, no way with the 1. This thing is maybe half the size of a 3? No idea what’s transferable in a comparison.

The gold foil plate is a different smaller thing, i never heard favorable mentions back in the day, also never used one.

A shorter delay makes sense. The tone of it in the video doesn't sound quite right to me - boxy?
But really cool none the less.

The gold foil plate is a different smaller thing, i never heard favorable mentions back in the day, also never used one.

I read that Neko Case used them for reverb on the early albums, which sound GREAT.

24 carat gold too (why?)
I opened once a 240 to check amp...and opend the inner box too, to see the "gold foil" 😇
I haven't researched this topic since so maybe I'm wrong but my only guess for now is that EMT used an alloy very sensitive to rust so the plating is a protection...

Latest posts

Back