Yamaha PM2K EQ knob removal?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkiijam

The EQ knobs on this Yamaha PM2000 seem horribly stuck. They are a dual concentric type. The top knob comes off okay, but the lower portion is fastened in some way I cannot figure out. There is a set screw which I have removed. It slides up a bit then come to a complete halt. It "ALMOST" appears as the center shaft is in the way some how.

I suppose I would need advice for someone that has had this issue or knows what I'm talking about.

Any experienced knob grief survivors?

You need to make sure the top shaft D is in line before you remove the lower knob , otherwise it gets stuck,
I got a parted out PM3000 years back ,kept most of it .

I've got a channel strip here and I'll give it a shot too. (Edit: what Tubetec said. On my example lining up the indicator line on both knobs did the trick)

Last edited:
I hacked up a PM3000 module ,
basically sawed off the mic amp part to use standalone ,
Very decent sounding pre's and eq's , they used a Rohm DOA in the mic amp , its still only a handfull of db noisier than the best more than 30 years later .

The main channel gain control is the one to be very carefull of , its a complicated multiway pot and switch element , if that gets strained when removing the knob it can become missaligned ,so be carefull .

Latest posts

Back