Solid State Preamp Project, Which One?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built 2 channels of N72's awhile back. I love them for acoustics.

Actually, here's a song I just mixed with the N72's prominently featured on acoustics....

http://www.oureligion.com/OUR_RELIGION_settle_you_down_reprise.mp3

Ric

Hey Ric
Nice result, i love the song too. So what mics were you using on that take and what was the general setup was that a Tak guitar, sounded smooth. Took a peek at your Website the house is great too, just brings back how small a country the uk is and such little room.
Vikki(uk) :grin:

Vikki - the acoustic guitar chain was:

Taylor 310 acou guit >> Neumann TLM103 >> N72 mic pre >> LA2a >> delta 1010 A/D >> Nuendo (running at 44.1 khz, 24 bit).

Ric

[quote author="mattmoogus"] to be honest Ive never used a pre that I could compare it to, sonically.
[/quote]

Agreed!

dave

I have at4060 or 414b-uls /1272 clone/la 2 clone/delta 1010 at 48k 24 bit/sound exelent for me.1272 it´s easy to do!. do it! :thumb:

Thanks for the replies.
I decided to go with the JLM99 boards which i received last week, i just debating if its worth the extra effort to build 4 of these into one box, two with the 990 chip and two with joe's chip. I think i may have to use two transformers to obtain the+- 24v for the 990 and +_35v for Joe's chip.
I was looking into the Velleman kits for an led ladder display but i don't know if this is really neccesary. Anyway its early days but i'll get started this next week.
Thanks for all your help.
Vikki(uk) :grin:

Hey Vikki,

You can use Joe's 99V at any voltage from +/-18 up to +/-36. Joe says that they are really happiest from 24V up, so +/-24V would be fine for both.

Justin.

[quote author="Peter Simonsen"]And on top of that a little while back. I did post both a schematic and a pdf pcb layout for a preamp using a LL1538 and a 990C opamp It works GREAT..!!![/quote]

Wow, thanks Peter. Your layout is so simple; I could probably learn a lot from it.

I did something similar but somehow my layout looks a little less "pro" and has no provision for phantom power. I'm going to follow your traces to learn how phantom fits into the mix...

Back